6/22/2010 9:45am - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Will Dish be issuing a credit for the hours this channel is missing. Will they reimburse me for the pain of the kids saying "It don't look good Dad" can you fix it?

Someone needs to read the service agreement:

I. Changes in Services Offered. We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to which you have agreed. If a change affects you, we will notify you of such change and its effective date. In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/RCA.pdf

Oh, and while it might be our initial presumption, we cannot het say for certain it was Dish that wanted the channels down. For all we know, it was Disney that exercised some provision to have them removed.

According to my chat with Dish - it is Disney and ESPN that are preventing DishNetwork from providing these channels in HD.

I would not be as nearly upset if Dish had issued some sort of statement letting us know what is happenig, instead the channels are gone and we have to drag info out of them.

WTF!!!! They better fix this REAL SOON!!! Before I get on chat and raise hell myself!!

Being optimistic, perhaps this will lead to Dish getting ESPNU in HD after the dispute is settled.

As for this.. this would be PURE WIN!! To be honest I'd give up half those Disney HD channels for just this one channel before CFB season fires up!!

I have just received an official statement from DISH on this issue...

DISH Network offers all customers HD Free for Life, which is possible because we are committed to negotiating fair contracts that allow us to keep our prices low. That is why we could not agree to the significant fees requested by Disney and ESPN Networks for the HD feeds of Disney East, Disney XD, ESPNews and ABC Family. We continue to talk with Disney and ESPN Networks and hope to reach a fair resolution. In the meantime, DISH Network customers can enjoy the same programming on the standard definition versions of these channels.

The HD feeds are covered by a second contract, and those contracts exparations don't coincide? That strikes me as odd.

Most likely done by Disney and ESPN only for the purpose of jacking up the hd fees to astronomical levels while still leaving the "teaser" sd channels in place so they don't lose too much audience share.

Dish twitter feed seems to confirm that it was Disney that pulled the channels, not Dish. They are giving the following canned response to anyone that asks:

Dish Twitter Feed said:
Disney Corp. removed the HD feed for that channel from our lineup. We continue to have the SD version w/ identical programming

I guess the kids are going to just have to go outside and play (get some exercise), read a book, or operate a few brain cells and play with toys... This is a catastrophe.

I guess dish should also start cobbling together some feeble attempt to start their own kids and sports newtorks like they did with the weather channel.

And so it continues...

No HDRSN's, No Disney channels in HD.... Nothing but programming that people dont want....

Dish taking us back to the early 70's when there was no cable.... This is just wow!!

Charlie WTF are you doing man..... The titanic is half sunk!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)