6/22/2010 9:45am - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

lol.. that sucks.. everyone should pick up a phone and sing the mickey mouse club house song to the reps... and ask when they'll be getting that back in HD.. lol :)

Not to excuse Dish, but remember when Disney stood for family entertainment first, profit second...I don't think Walt died as a pauper because of it...

Ghpr13:mad:

Not at the expense of loosing channels from a major channel provider every 6 months to a year.. You can keep that crap... :up

There is a reason why charlie is Number 2! Stuff like this, is why he's not number one..

Huh? It's been a while since Dish dropped something big for a long time.

Remember, it was DirecTV that dropped Versus recently.

And last I checking, I have a lot of other channels. This is certainly not going back the the 70s.

Can't check this since I am not at home; but with absolute, those four disney channels were only ever provided in HD (without the SD counterpart)... did they give us the SD feeds for now or are we completely without these channels?

Not that I mind, I'd occasionally use ESPNews for background noise and the Mrs only watches a show or two on ABC Fam... so it won't affect us as much as it might some others...

Huh? It's been a while since Dish dropped something big for a long time.

Remember, it was DirecTV that dropped Versus recently.

And last I checking, I have a lot of other channels. This is certainly not going back the the 70s.

It shouldnt happen at all! Directv only had versus, and prior to that they had ZERO!

Dish has, Scripts, Viacom, Disney, and rainbow media! That's every dam provider out there for the most part. The common trend is dish! Not the providers. I dont buy the spin that they are fighting to keep your prices low as every other provider out there has been able to successfuly negotate prices without having to have the channels yanked or pulled!

There pricing is the same as dish, if not a couple bucks more expensive at the most.. Why do you guys continue to buy the Dish Network marketing spin...

What's happening is these providers are asking for a 1 cent increase and dish is balking at it.. dish wants to see a zero percent increase. Disney saw the free hd and most likely said no as dish had pissed them off by not playing nicely.

Charlie needs to fire the entire programming department!

It shouldnt happen at all! Directv only had versus, and prior to that they had ZERO!

Dish has, Scripts, Viacom, Disney, and rainbow media! That's every dam provider out there for the most part. The common trend is dish! Not the providers. I dont buy the spin that they are fighting to keep your prices low as every other provider out there has been able to successfuly negotate prices without having to have the channels yanked or pulled!

There pricing is the same as dish, if not a couple bucks more expensive at the most.. Why do you guys continue to buy the Dish Network marketing spin...

What's happening is these providers are asking for a 1 cent increase and dish is balking at it.. dish wants to see a zero percent increase. Disney saw the free hd and most likely said no as dish had pissed them off by not playing nicely.

Scripps and Viacom were ages ago. Rainbow went beyond dispute with Voom.

And it seems Dish has not had too much trouble with NBC-Universal, Discovery Networks, or even Comcast Networks.

And I pay $36 for a package with 30 some HD channels. Before that, I payed $56 for AT120, HD and Plantum. Show me where DirecTV offers a remotely equivilent deal.

And what is your source for saying these providers only want a 1 cent increase?

You knew the score before u switched!! So why dont u pay the cancellation fee and switch back!!

Scripps and Viacom were ages ago. Rainbow went beyond dispute with Voom.

And it seems Dish has not had too much trouble with NBC-Universal, Discovery Networks, or even Comcast Networks.

And I pay $36 for a package with 30 some HD channels. Before that, I payed $56 for AT120, HD and Plantum. Show me where DirecTV offers a remotely equivilent deal.

And what is your source for saying these providers only want a 1 cent increase?

You knew the score before u switched!! So why dont u pay the cancellation fee and switch back!!

It doesnt matter how long ago, dish has a proven track record!

Also, with Directv's Choice package you get 35 HD channels for 29.99 a month... Better deal than what your getting now and you gain 5 HD channels!!

English Packages

As far as my 1 Cent increase, it came out during the last dispute that that's all the provider was asking for and dish balked, spun it as they were asking for a 25 cent increase. The provider was actually asking for 1 cent.

As far as switching, Im waiting to complete my contract. Unlike Dish, I follow through with my obligations. Now if dish wants to release me from those obligations without having to pay, then im all for that.

The common trend is dish! Not the providers. I dont buy the spin that they are fighting to keep your prices low as every other provider out there has been able to successfuly negotate prices without having to have the channels yanked or pulled!

Bob you need to get TV or the Internet, because you are clearly unaware of the biggest news events (this one only 3 months ago):

ABC Spat Is Latest, Not Last in Cable Wars - CBS Evening News

(CBS) Note: ABC was restored to Cablevision customers at 8:43 p.m. EST Sunday, during the Oscars broadcast. An on-screen message said that the sides had "reached an agreement in principle" over retransmission rights.
Millions of New York City area film fans have to find another way to watch the Oscars Sunday night after ABC's parent Disney pulled the plug in a bitter dispute with cable provider Cablevision over fees, as CBS News correspondent Elaine Quijano reports.

When Cablevision customers (and CBS employees) Beth and Rob Schafer turned on their TV Sunday morning, they saw found terse message where ABC network programming used to be.

"Pulling WABC off Cablevision was wrong," the Cablevision spot said.

The Schafers, along with 3 million other subscribers in parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut - were dragged into a nasty, public fight over fees between Cablevision and Disney.

The months-long dispute came to a head overnight, when less than 24 hours before the Oscars, Disney pulled its ABC channel from cablevision.

"Let Disney and Cablevision work it out but what matters is tonight is the Oscars and it's live and I want to watch it at home in my own living room on my own gigantic TV," Beth Schafer said.

Cablevision accused Disney CEO Bob Iger of holding "his own ABC viewers hostage in order to extract $40 million in new fees from Cablevision."

Disney fired back - accusing Cablevision of betraying its subscribers, saying the company that charges for basic broadcast signals, "pocketed almost $8 billion last year, and now customers aren't getting what they pay for."

"This is a big issue because this could blow up," said media analyst Walter Guarino. Guarino notes this has happened before. Time Warner and News Corp. narrowly averted a similar showdown that had threatened to hit during college bowl season.

Guarino says in a tough advertising market, networks are demanding more for programming, so more battles could lie ahead.

"It will probably happen again focused around an event because you're getting up to the point where you can get the trauma and the drama - so look for big events for this thing to happen again and in other cities in other pocket," he said.

And here is DISNEY's side of things..

The recent New York State Court ruling confirms our position that Dish Network is not entitled to carry ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney XD HD and ESPNews HD without paying compensation. We hope that Dish will work with us to reach an agreement so that we can make these HD networks available to their customers.

It doesnt matter how long ago, dish has a proven track record!

Also, with Directv's Choice package you get 35 HD channels for 29.99 a month... Better deal than what your getting now and you gain 5 HD channels!!

English Packages

As far as my 1 Cent increase, it came out during the last dispute that that's all the provider was asking for and dish balked, spun it as they were asking for a 25 cent increase. The provider was actually asking for 1 cent.

As far as switching, Im waiting to complete my contract. Unlike Dish, I follow through with my obligations. Now if dish wants to release me from those obligations without having to pay, then im all for that.

Isn't D*'s Choice package $58.99/month? $29.99/month is most likely a promotional or new customer price per month for the first year.

that why i left dish i got tired of charlie lying and putting on channels no bodys want.I don't give a dam about wfn channel.you can get your wfn and a few mores.As dish adds hd channels they be put in the platinums plus or espnu be add to the sports channels.

Another cable network:

Controlling Costs

Time Warner Cable has tried to stem costs by resisting retransmission demands. In national campaigns, Britt had asked subscribers to pressure programmers to keep costs low. Britt argued that higher fees ultimately are billed to the customer and that network programming is free on the Internet and over the air.

“I applaud the parties for putting consumer interests first by reaching a new carriage contract, and for staying at the table until a deal was cut,” Massachusetts Senator John Kerry said in an e-mailed statement. Kerry had threatened to ask the Federal Communications Commission to intervene if the two failed to reach an agreement. FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, who had urged the companies to strike a deal, also congratulated them on resolving their dispute.

New York-based Time Warner Cable, the second-largest cable operator, has about 13 million video subscribers. Comcast Corp. is the largest cable company.

Going Black

Programming cost disputes aren’t new to Time Warner Cable. A similar battle in 2008 with Viacom Inc. was resolved before channels like MTV Network went black. In 2000, the cable operator pulled ABC-owned stations briefly from its lineup during a dispute with Walt Disney Co. over carriage of its cable networks.

Cablevision Systems Corp., a New York-area cable provider, said Jan. 1 it’s no longer carrying The Food Channel and HGTV, two channels operated by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. The two failed to forge a new fee agreement to extend carriage after their contract expired on Dec. 31.

Retransmission costs will continue to climb, according to research firm SNL Kagan. Total retransmission fees will increase to $1.3 billion by 2012, compared with $739 million in 2009, according to the Charlottesville, Virginia-based researcher.

Isn't D*'s Choice package $58.99/month? $29.99/month is most likely a promotional or new customer price per month for the first year.

Yes its the same as dish's own promotional pricing. The only diffrence is that dish has a smaller package that's twenty bucks cheaper, that Directv doesnt offer, that goes up to 39.99 versus directv's 59 buck package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts