6/22/2010 9:45am - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes its the same as dish's own promotional pricing. The only diffrence is that dish has a smaller package that's twenty bucks cheaper, that Directv doesnt offer, that goes up to 39.99 versus directv's 59 buck package.

Bingo, that is why Dish is, for a lot of us, cheaper. I get a great deal, with no promotional pricing. DirecTV has rolled over to so many programmer demands that they be in the basic pack that their basic pack is bloated.

Yes you keep on pointing out these small cable companies that barly cover one quarter of the country... Comcast wich is the number 1 provider hasnt had a dispute like this. It still doesnt compensate for Dish's track record of pulling channles, dropping channels. Also, take out the ABC O & O affliates and I dont see any other provider dropping national channels like DisneyHD, ect.

No matter how much you try to show that there are other providers who have these disputes, (I'm not saying that there isnt any) All of them have made a track record of negotations without pulling the channels or having them yanked.... Dish on the other hand has done it atleast 5 diffrent times over a 5 year period! All other providers, Not so much...

Bingo, that is why Dish is, for a lot of us, cheaper. I get a great deal, with no promotional pricing. DirecTV has rolled over to so many programmer demands that they be in the basic pack that their basic pack is bloated.

Where is the 34.00 non promotional package you speak of... Im having a hard time finding it on dish's site! ;) Also, directv might have a smaller package that's not advertised, stonecold can tell you more on that...

What a joke.

Our rates still went up this year, so how is this saving me a dime??

It's not... but then again it appears DISH wasn't paying anything for the HD versions.

Everything I am hearing now is it was DISNEY who pulled the feeds from DISH not DISH. I am just wondering why they didn't pull the ESPN HD feeds as well.

It's not... but then again it appears DISH wasn't paying anything for the HD versions.

Everything I am hearing now is it was DISNEY who pulled the feeds from DISH not DISH. I am just wondering why they didn't pull the ESPN HD feeds as well.

If was Disney I am surprised as well they would not pull ESPNHD to make there statement, I think there would be some major complaining going on

Dish would be screwed if they pulled the ESPN Feed during the World Cup.

My guess is Disney doesnt want to lose the ad money form the World Cup. After it is over with and this dipute isnt settled, itll be gone.

Dish is just reckless, but this is why everything should go ala carte, those that want a certain channel can pay what ever disney or espn demands for their product, whenever they demand it.

Dish would be screwed if they pulled the ESPN Feed during the World Cup.

My guess is Disney doesnt want to lose the ad money form the World Cup. After it is over with and this dipute isnt settled, itll be gone.

Like it really matters, nobodys watching the world cup on ESPN, were all watching on Telemundo and Telefutra! :D

Where is the 34.00 non promotional package you speak of... Im having a hard time finding it on dish's site! ;) Also, directv might have a smaller package that's not advertised, stonecold can tell you more on that...

They are promoting the heck out of the $39 package (AT120). Dish America isn't being promoted, but it is still available.

As I am learning more about this it appears that DISNEY pulled the feeds, not DISH.

I am hearing DISH wanted to keep them on while negoations continued.

Yea, I'm sure, but when you piss off people by launching lawsuits, then it changes the ball game. People tend not to work with you. Even if dish did do a good faith effort to keep these on, I'm prone to be skeptical with the past history that dish has had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)