6/22/2016 12:28 - Uplink Report - 54 Changes

We can always use more cheap crappie reality programming
Haha Crappie reality Programming
crappie.jpg

Why are we getting more of these Viacom music channels? Don't we have enough already? I want Military History Channel, not this garbage.
Because it is part of the negotiated terms between Dish and Viacom. If Dish says no I don't want them, and they probably did, Viacom says OK, we'll take our Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Spike and TV Land off your system. That would upset a ton of Dish subs. Already has when there were negotiations going on in April....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...h-agree-new-contract-avoid-blackout/83343280/

Tier Changed:
218 - ZLVNG [MPEG4 SD] Echostar16 61.5W TP 06 Conus changed to Free Preview (ZLVNG)(A)(FP)
218 - ZLVNG [MPEG2 SD] EchoStar11 110W TP 02 ConUS changed to Free Preview (ZLVNG)(A)(FP)
9464(218) - ZLVNG [MPEG4 HD] Nimiq5 72.7W TP 28 ConUS changed to Free Preview (ZLVNG)(A)(FP)
9464(218) - ZLVNG [MPEG4 HD] Ciel-2 129W TP 22 ConUS changed to Free Preview (ZLVNG)(A)(FP)
Wow, that was a short preview! I was getting it yesterday, but now it's gone.

Dish's channel placement is horrible lately. All those music channels going in the middle of the movie channels? BBC world news 281? Why not by the other news channels?
281 is by the other news channels: RT (280) and CCTV (279)

And the Viacom channels are new MTV Live.

Scott are we getting the already avail Viacom channels in HD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
very good question to ask i am wondering the same thing also too could those ones in the TST be the ones that we are getting plus 6 more?

While we are asking questions about the existing Viacom channels: are any of them changing packages? I was hoping we would get to keep TV Land in Welcome Pack after the unannounced free preview ended, but no such luck so far.

Reactions: Troch77
I assumed it would be in HD since there is a feed available, I guess SD beats nothing. Too bad though.

2016 and Dish is adding SD feeds of a channel with an HD feed available. Just don't get it. Hopefully we will be surprised when the channel is lit up (HD test feeds give me hope) and it will be HD.

Nice to see these MTV digitals after all these years but once again a waste since they are SD only although not Dish's fault in this case

Reactions: DWS44 and Troch77
Might not be a cheap out, might just be the way the contract is written.

But why would the contract be written to keep BBC World News in SD? Surely BBC would want it to be carried in HD.

Sounds like Charlie is counting his pennies again. And it is interesting that he is putting a respected news source like BBC right next to the two propaganda news channels, CCTV from Communist China, and RS which is Putin's Russian channel. Could it be that BBC World News is paying to be carried?

Last edited:
But why would the contract be written to keep BBC World News in SD? Surely BBC would want it to be carried in HD.
Another possibility is that Dish gave BBC World News the option of HD-only or SD-only, but not both. In that case, BBCWN could have chosen SD so more viewers could see it. Once Dish eliminates the MPEG-2 SD receivers, that would no longer be a problem, but who knows how long that will take?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts