6/22/2016 12:28 - Uplink Report - 54 Changes

Knowing Dish, they could get both SD and HD service, but they would charge BBC much more for the HD service. I doubt if Dish is paying for this channel, they are receiving money for it. Like INSP, Newsmax, CCTV, and RT.

Knowing Dish, they could get both SD and HD service, but they would charge BBC much more for the HD service. I doubt if Dish is paying for this channel, they are receiving money for it. Like INSP, Newsmax, CCTV, and RT.
BBC World News is now distributed in the United States by AMC Networks, they (BBC/AMC) are definitely not paying Dish for carriage. More likely, Dish has had the option to carry BBC World News as part of their last agreement with AMC Networks, and they are just now getting around to doing that. I would imagine that the loss of Al Jazeera America and then NewsmaxTV left them an opening to add. Why they don't add it in HD, that is a good question. Maybe one day.

who knows when that will happen its like one of these days all channels will be shown in hd on dish network you know its 2016 and all the channels that actually have hd feeds should be in hd. we can only dream right?

Reactions: bobvick
2016 and Dish is adding SD feeds of a channel with an HD feed available. Just don't get it. Hopefully we will be surprised when the channel is lit up (HD test feeds give me hope) and it will be HD.

Nice to see these MTV digitals after all these years but once again a waste since they are SD only although not Dish's fault in this case

Why even waste the band width for SD channels anymore.........Dish's newest equipment is 4K.........4K TV's are the hot ticket & Dish adds SD channels. Yet Direct is moving forward with 4K programming
What good is the best hardware, when the programming is years behind the technology

Why even waste the band width for SD channels anymore.........Dish's newest equipment is 4K.........4K TV's are the hot ticket & Dish adds SD channels. Yet Direct is moving forward with 4K programming
What good is the best hardware, when the programming is years behind the technology

Very much a waste, the industry is going away from SD. Adding a channel in SD when a HD version is available is unacceptable.

just my own humble opinion if a hd feed is available the hd feed should be added instead of sd feed i think it is time for dish to add the rest of our channels in hd soon.

Reactions: reddice
With that being said I am looking forward to the MTV Suite being added, I have never gotten a chance to watch them. More music channels, that actually play music, are always welcome

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)