6/3/2009 12:59pm - Uplink Activity Report - 94 changes

Boooooooooo! on the no HD locals for Augusta, Ga on the uplink. I'm feeling even more neglected on my TurboHD Silver with the lack of locals in HD. :(

Every week I check this thread hoping to see WBNX lit up.
+1.

And dish apparently gets their WKYC feed from an antenna because during yesterday afternoon, WKYC was working on their antenna, which took their digital signal off line.
Dish left a nice message saying "We know this channel is unavailable, don't call us." on channel 3 during the outage.

I wonder who the dispute is with this time. I assume LTD = Local Take Down.

Freedom Broadcasting I believe.

That's what it looks like to me.

Should be interesting to see which my receivers pick since I have dishes pointing at 61.5/110/119/129.

Most of the users report the receiver using 129 most of the time. I'm guessing since that loads into the receiver before or after, depending on which method the software works.

troygly
My mistake I have classic gold 250 with turbo gold plus platinum.

Having a classic whatever package with the HD add on package, will give you Fox HD. Myself having just Turbo Silver (HD only) does not get Fox News HD.

troygly
My mistake I have classic gold 250 with turbo gold plus platinum.

Having a classic whatever package with the HD add on package, will give you Fox HD. Myself having just Turbo Silver (HD only) does not get Fox News HD.

This whole conversation shows what a big bucket of fail the DISH marketing department is. People don't even understand the packages that they already have, let alone the other choices they have.

Remember the early days of "DSS"? When you had to buy some channels from DirecTV and others from USSB? And DirecTV had that weird package that was intended to be an add-on to cable...so if you just ordered the cheapest package, you would get channels like Movieplex, but not things like USA and CNN? That was less confusing than DISH now.

...Should be interesting to see which my receivers pick since I have dishes pointing at 61.5/110/119/129.
Somehow I can't imagine Dish keeping the Austin HD Locals on BOTH 129 and 61.5 very long. So my guess is that your receivers (and mine) will choose 129 nearly* 100% of the time -- soon.

Talon Dancer

* not 100% of the time, since sometimes they won't be able to "pick" any sat during a Texas Frog Strangler :)

Somehow I can't imagine Dish keeping the Austin HD Locals on BOTH 129 and 61.5 very long. So my guess is that your receivers (and mine) will choose 129 nearly* 100% of the time -- soon.

Talon Dancer

* not 100% of the time, since sometimes they won't be able to "pick" any sat during a Texas Frog Strangler :)

I don't know. They're already on the beam and some subs are pointed at 61.5 with double dish installations. It's not likely any other market could be placed on the 61.5 beam in that area. Things may change a couple years down the road but I don't see them taking the channels off the 61.5 spot beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts