6.3 IR/UHF Pro with ViP 922

tifozi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Is it possible to use a spare 6.3 IR/UHF remote in Sat or Aux mode to control the 922 TV2? This thread has a lot of good information about the 6.3 remote. I tried the 4th position and Aux mode as described in the manual but it doesn't recognize the 922. Not sure if I am doing it correctly.

I know the best option is probably to get another 32.0 remote and simply flip the tab at the bottom to 2 but this remote is hard to find. Since this is not strictly a real duodvr, Dish has an excuse not to give a second remote :mad::mad:

You need to have the remote set to IR address #1 and turn on the IR function in the menu. The 6.3 should the control most of the 922 functions.

You need to have the remote set to IR address #1 and turn on the IR function in the menu. The 6.3 should the control most of the 922 functions.

Thanks for the post. Did you mean Address #1 as described in that thread?
SW POSITION -- 622 DISPLAY ------REMARKS
...1st position is TV2 UHF PRO -------This is automatically selected when inserting the Blue 2 UHF PRO key-switch.
...2nd position is TV1 IR -------------This is automatically selected when inserting the Green 1 key-switch.
...3rd position is TV1 IR/UHF PRO ----This is automatically selected when inserting the Green 1 UHF PRO key-switch.
...4th position is TV1 IR--------------This is automatically selected when inserting the Black UHF key-switch.
.................................................. NOTE: Not intended for use with the ViP 622, the 4th Position provides IR/UHF (non-PRO).

According to this Address #1 is for TV2 UHF PRO. How do i make it recognize the 922? Also one of the first things I did was to activate IR from the menu. That was was already covered.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)