6.3 IR/UHF Pro with ViP 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tifozi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Is it possible to use a spare 6.3 IR/UHF remote in Sat or Aux mode to control the 922 TV2? This thread has a lot of good information about the 6.3 remote. I tried the 4th position and Aux mode as described in the manual but it doesn't recognize the 922. Not sure if I am doing it correctly.

I know the best option is probably to get another 32.0 remote and simply flip the tab at the bottom to 2 but this remote is hard to find. Since this is not strictly a real duodvr, Dish has an excuse not to give a second remote :mad::mad:

You need to have the remote set to IR address #1 and turn on the IR function in the menu. The 6.3 should the control most of the 922 functions.

You need to have the remote set to IR address #1 and turn on the IR function in the menu. The 6.3 should the control most of the 922 functions.

Thanks for the post. Did you mean Address #1 as described in that thread?
SW POSITION -- 622 DISPLAY ------REMARKS
...1st position is TV2 UHF PRO -------This is automatically selected when inserting the Blue 2 UHF PRO key-switch.
...2nd position is TV1 IR -------------This is automatically selected when inserting the Green 1 key-switch.
...3rd position is TV1 IR/UHF PRO ----This is automatically selected when inserting the Green 1 UHF PRO key-switch.
...4th position is TV1 IR--------------This is automatically selected when inserting the Black UHF key-switch.
.................................................. NOTE: Not intended for use with the ViP 622, the 4th Position provides IR/UHF (non-PRO).

According to this Address #1 is for TV2 UHF PRO. How do i make it recognize the 922? Also one of the first things I did was to activate IR from the menu. That was was already covered.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)