6' dish FS6D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dchenders

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
NE
Hi, I have a 1.2 that I have used for C band but as you know I don't get much. I was thinking of upgrading to this. 180CM C/Ku Price Focus Dish Antenna FORTEC STAR FS6D I know it's not a 8 or 12 footer but I don't have room for that. is it worth jumping up to the 6' dish(should I see many more TPs and channels) and are FS6d any good? TIA Happy TG.

I'd think you'd get more DVB-S but probably not much, if any, DVB-S2. How much better it works, than the 1.2m, would depend on putting it together as accurately as possible. No bent panels etc. Sorry, but can't comment on the quality of the FORTEC STAR FS6D. 6 ft is the absolute minimum recommended for C band. And larger, if you're in search of S2 signals.

A properly shaped and well-aligned 6' reflector should get you quite a bit more than your 1.2m, but the S2 signals will be challenging.

If that is a "typical" 6' Fortec 6-panel dish they are not real robust, but a lot of people are using similar and doing pretty well. At one time site sponsor Galaxy Marketing was selling a very similar dish for less than $100, not sure if they are still available.

If you have the cash try and get a 7.5" mash dish that is made in the USA.

A 6 footer wont get you everything but if set up well with a good LNB you will get alot of what C has to offer.In my case i guess i have my 6 footer from Sadouns set up in a sweet spot where i can get many of the s2 signals out there including RTV's two Mux TPs on AMC3.

6 footer

my wsi 69.00 6 foot special with a b1 sat stack,give me 95 percent of whats on c band including most s2 signals....like both rtv mux on 87w..love it

thanks for the reply's, based on your input I think I will pick up a 6 footer.

I love my WSI 6' Special. I have a DMX741 on it for C/Ku and its hooked up to an Openbox S9 and a DSR922 for H2H. I get a fair amount of S2 channels like the CBC on F1 and some other S2 stuff out there... mostly the stronger stuff. On H2H it works great. I get anywhere from 50 to 80 % quality on most transponders. I get all the analog channels still out there with Excellent to Good quality.

I had a Andrews type 120 set up for C band and it got the stronger DVB-S stuff.... CW's, the stuff on G16 and some on F1..... On Ku that dish got everything in the sky.

My wife and I use it for all of our TV viewing with the 922 and S9 plus Netflix. We have more TV to watch than we will ever need. But I still have my 10ft dish Id like to get up. Im lucky to even have the 6ft up here. I live in a townhouse and I managed to pull some strings to get the OK for that dish, so until I buy a house the 6ft it is.

Thats my two cents.

Hmmm, I wonder what the approximate shipping would be?

That might make a pretty good addition to the stationary farm I'm planning. I bet there's some C-Band birds up there where this dish would get everything a larger dish would. And this would be a heck of a lot easier than the average rescue job.

If some one here knows the approximate shipping, that would be nice. Otherwise, I could just request a delivered price from them.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)