6 Footer wind loads in real world

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Its wind season again and would like to know if your 6 footer has survived 60 mph winds. Yesterday I had a terrible day most of my dishes moved or swung becasue of strong wind gusts.

I have ran out of space and the only place to ptu a 5th Cband dish is at the very top of my house but I am worried that wind will tear it apart.

I lucked out. All four of mine made it through with no issues. 2 KU's and 2 C Banders

My 6' dish (PortaBUD) has experienced 60 mph gusts for sure, and has not had any damage from them. I did find that it had been moved out of alignment once last month after a freakish cold front blew through, but no damage.

Its wind season again and would like to know if your 6 footer has survived 60 mph winds. Yesterday I had a terrible day most of my dishes moved or swung becasue of strong wind gusts.

I have ran out of space and the only place to ptu a 5th Cband dish is at the very top of my house but I am worried that wind will tear it apart.

I would NEVER consider placing a c-band dish on the roof of a house (if you have a normal every-day type of roof), especially if you have wind issues. Even a 5-foot dish can have enough wind-loading, to tear a big chunk of your roof off! Or at the very minimum, to vibrate enough to drive you crazy, and wreck most chances of receiving any real signal.

So, it's not even a matter of the dish being destroyed, but your roof itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)