6 ft fortec star

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omardjcu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I'm in montreal and i got new c band 6 ft but i only can get 40.5 w whit 20- 30 % of signal and the galaxy 17 whit 35-45 % of signal can some one help me to fine tune this ground mount , i also have 4 ft off set whit c band lnb and motor hh 120 ,i can get 45-50 % of signal in galaxy 17 and 10-15 % in anik F3 please i ned help. i will like to have this thre sat because whit this signal some chanal don't work god.
thank

Do you have a circular feed for nss-806? or the slab in the feed throat?

You have the stationary or polar mount dish?

yes i have the slab in the feed throat and the 6 ft it is stationary

Just a thought...try adjusting the lnb in it's holder. If I move my lnb even a 1/4" left or right, or 1/4" in and out, it makes a big difference.... Blind

The scalar ring mount needs to be perfectly aligned as well. Those struts are flimsy on Fortecs. I used a scrap piece of PVC pipe that I slid down through the LNBF opening to tweak the focus to the center plate Red Green style.

Good tip Corrado.

I have also noticed there is a lot of play between the LNB and scalar ring.

Between the possibility of problems with the mounting arms and the sloppy fit of the LNB in the scalar ring, that might explain inconsistencies in my fixed dish operation.

Been working on angle supports to attach to the LNB that could clamp on with a hose clamp. This will make the LNB axis perpendicular to the ring.

Then with scalar ring center focus alignment as you discussed, that should be an improvement.

I have 2 of these Fortec dishes and get great results on 91W

I cant see 40W to try that. But everything posted on C-Band on thelist (some exceptions on 116.8 due to footprint issues) I can get with my 6 footer here in Minnesota (45N 93.5W)

You need to make sure the feedhorn is centered and pointed at dead middle. You then need to slide the feedhorn in and out of the scaler rings for maximum quality. The Fortec struts are kinda weak IMHO.

You need to make sure the feedhorn is centered and pointed at dead middle. You then need to slide the feedhorn in and out of the scaler rings for maximum quality. The Fortec struts are kinda weak IMHO.
i will do that this weekend, thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts