6' Prodelin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sparky01

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
North Liberty IN
I was helping my uncle fix an air conditioner on the roof of a car dealership. There was a 6' Prodelin dish up there. It looked like a 2 way LNB on it, it looked pretty old too. What do you think it could have been used for?

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 183
Sounds like VSAT. Check VSAT on Wikipedia for info on it's use in car dealerships. Basically the dealer uses it to report sales and for internal communications with the manufacturer.

Are these dish still in use? If you can see in one of the pictures there is a DTN dish. Won't that do the same thing?

massive

Looks like a liquid-nitrogen cooled lnb !! You should have asked if they would give you the dish, if it wasn't used anymore. 6' would be a very nice fta dish.

I have seen similiar setups used in WA state for the lottery system... every retailer here selling lottery tickets has one. I would think one of those would make one heck of a dish for FTA!

FWIW... If anyone reading is near Memphis, I know where there are currently 2 dishes similar to this currently not in use...
I considered asking about them, but I come to the realization that I would probably never do anything with them...

Another member snagged two of these (complete with those awesome non-penetrating roof mounts) for $75 from an automobile dealership that was going out of business. As great as the dish looks, I'd be happy with just one of those large NPRMs! I have something nice in my shed that needs mounting on a 3.5" pole before the next shuttle mission (AMC-6) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.