6 Receiver Hookup on Expressvu

JodyCanuck

Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Okay I am new here - ended up on satellite due to long argument with cable company and poor service. I have read some of the old posts but have been bogged down by the tech talk and this to date is all greek to me. My problem is simple - have 6 receivers but can only hookup four with the present equipment which is as follows:

20" dish with 2 dual LNB's
SW44 switch
1-6100 HD receiver
5-3100 receivers

I believe I read in one of the other posts that this is "legacy equipment" and that an upgrade would be required right back to the dish. Can anyone also point me to a satellite guide for dummies also so I can understand some of the discussion a little better?

you could accomplish what you want by trading your LNBFs for DishPro duals or singles, and cascade two DP34 switches. You might need a DishPro Adapter for the 6100.

or the more simple route, just put up another dish with a couple of SW21's, you can probably find that stuff cheaper.

All those receivers are DishPro.
Cheapest way to get all 6 receivers hooked up is to use a DP Twin and 2 DP34's.

You can feed the Twin's into 1 DP34, and cascade that to the other. That's give you capability to feed up to 8 receivers.

Could I just add a Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch? It looks to be a little more money but would only add one piece of hardware and enables me to add more DPP 44 switches later. Will the DPP 44 work with my existing SW 44?

no

SW44 is Legacy equipment and the DPP44 is DishProPlus. You cannot mix Legacy & DishPro/DishProPlus switches & LNB's.

The DPP44 allows 4 satellite spots but wont work with the existing LNB's. The easiest thing to do is what is noted above. Get a DishPro Twin and a couple DP34's. You only need 2 lines from the DP Twin to the switch and you can cascade the 2 DP34 switches for 8 outputs. The Twin sees both 91 & 82

SC Program changes - June 1

Bell 6100 freezing and lock up issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)