6' solid or 10' mesh dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
I have a 10' mesh for 3 years now which i never installed, the boss never allowed me.
The backyard is too small. We're about to move and depending which house we get (I have my secret plans.. hehe) I might be able to finally put it.

But, if not.. I'm decided to get a 6'; Which i know isn't the best in Canada but still, I see some around.. they must get something.

I know a solid dish is better but what about the size?
What are your thoughts on that?

Workable solution:

Go with the 10'er. C-band only.
For an LNBF, something like a C2 from SatelliteAV should work fine.
But, if you need more try a C-only ortho. Search or ask for suggestions.
Get a 1.0 or 1.2 meter dish for Ku.

the 10' mesh assuming its in good shape id going to outperform the 6' by a mile. you should be able to receive some c band on the 6' but the 10' will get you a lot more.

Ok thanks for the input.
It would be for C-band only. I have a 90cm and a 1.2M for Ku.
The dish is in good shape.. I got it for free. I just need to push for the BUD friendly houses now.... lol

I have to agree others and you need to go with the 10 footer, besides the signals that you can receive they just look better than any little dish, especially the more you plant..

Well, maybe there are other options.
If you could find an outstanding 8' dish, maybe a spun aluminum (solid or perforated) in good condition....
...And outfit it with an ortho, I'm pretty sure you'd be a happy camper.
At least it'd be smaller.
But if you don't have the time to look, and the luck to find one, then the 10'er you have, makes more sense.

And since you've got Ku under control, that's a load off. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)