60K Android devices activated daily

25K ipads are being sold every hour? Really?

How many cell phones are activated daily?

I am mostly curious. As all of these numbers sound suspect. Even if it were just 20 days per month, at 60,000 per day, that would be 14,400,000 in a year. Or if it were all 365 days, that would be 21,900,000 devices.

If this is true, I need to be buying stock in a few key companies. :)

I am going to seriously look at re entering the world of Android as well. I have until late sept, early november for the upgrade prices, but I doubt I wait that long.

I am going to seriously look at re entering the world of Android as well. I have until late sept, early november for the upgrade prices, but I doubt I wait that long.
you and me both. same time frame so i have to try and wait. :)

The other numbers sound plausible, though...

The iPhone is on the market since end of June, 2007, i.e. ~33 months, i.e. ~1,000 days.
Jobs says Apple sold 50M of them (all models combined), i.e. 50,000 per day.

That makes 60,000 Android activations per day sound very good considering it's a bit more than a year on the market and just a few months since v. 2.1 was released...

Diogen.

i'd almost bet that the iphone activations will double as soon as it gets to verizon.
why, i have no clue. but some people just want it

i'd almost bet that the iphone activations will double as soon as it gets to verizon.
I'd be really surprised if this happens.
My guess would be 20-25% of the US subscriber base at most, 15-20% to world count activations.
More likely half as much (one year later).

Diogen.

I'd be really surprised if this happens.
My guess would be 20-25% of the US subscriber base at most, 15-20% to world count activations.
More likely half as much (one year later).

Diogen.

but im counting all those that switch from att, not just new
you will see people drop thier contracts and make the switch
it will take a while for that to sort out

Switchers would be harder to account for properly.

If Apple would report a jump in activations and Nielsen the same smartphone market share - then what you say likely happened...

Diogen.

I don't think anybody but Apple wants any jumps in subscriber base. Especially smartphone subscribers with a sizable internet component.

No matter how you look at it, the cell networks in North America (until 4G in any and every of its form becomes common) are the sh!ts.
Gradual bandwidth increase - like the internet itself over the last 10-15 years - is the best they can handle.
Hence, a scenario where all AT&T iPhone users cancel their plans and go to Verizon, will kill the later, not the former.

Diogen.

i think there are alot of unhappy people on att, and that why they will switch

and it will hurt vzw

anyway, back to android :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)