61.5 down? Anyone else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Satellite rotating out of alignment? Dish tweaking spotbeam coverage to your disadvantage?

Satellite rotating out of alignment? Dish tweaking spotbeam coverage to your disadvantage?

I looked at a coverage map & TP 19 & 21 both have spotbeam 54 that looks like it comes right up to the eastern edge of Chicago. I'm about 20 miles west of that & my buddy is another 20 miles west of me. If I go to Menu 611 & look at TP 21 the "Transponder" label changes to Spotbeam" 54 & I get a SS of 14 with a Yellow or weak status bar. I get nothing on TP19.

I'm guessing that SS of 14 is what's causing the "problem". Even though I'm not authorized to view the contents my dish is still picking up a weak fringe signal. Just like I don't subscribe to any foreign programming on sat 77 the System Info still shows I'm receiving a signal (or at least it did when I had the 1000.4 dish). But my friend 20 miles away may be just enough further away that he does not receive anything on TP21. He's out of town but I've already contacted him & will find out when he returns if he gets anything on TP21.

Menu 613 then the details after it runs. If there is drift it will be one page down. Before the STB Health. Also then do the Menu 611 and test (that is a chk switch). Details on that will show all LNB's if all the ports to them and the Odds & Even tps are working correctly.

I looked & Details & it indicate 2 satellite inputs, each with 2 ports, 72 and 61.5, Even, Odd.
Everything looks OK to me.

If you have replaced the LNB (which you said you had done) and there is a problem w/ 61.5 but not 72.7 then there is something wrong w/either that LNB or line of sight issue. Post a picture of the LNB so that we can see it. It is starting to sound like it may be the wrong LNB. So that no matter how much peaking it will never pick up correctly if it is the wrong one.

I'll try to take a picture but it's two stories up on the roof & I don't know if I can get a clear view of the LNB.

Again the original 1000.4 dish & LNB used to show 61.5 Green in System Info. But then one day it did not.
I don't know if I mentioned before but the LNB only on the 1000.4 was previously changed but it made no difference.
And now I have 1000.2 dish with a double LNB and no Green in System info.
IOW this is my third LNB.

And my next door neighbor with a 1000.4 also gets Yellow for 61.5.

When I go to Menu 611 Check Switch & look at details I get all 4 Green indicators. That should mean everything is OK. FWIW I have no problem tuning in & receiving my locals on 61.5. And when I had the 1000.4 setup this displayed 6 Greens.

Both techs who changed the LNBs did so because they saw the Yellow and/or Red in System Info and said the LNB was bad. Both said my SS was good but had no explanation why I did not get Green in Sys Info.

I'll see if I can get an LNB photo & will also wait for my friend to see if gets any weak signal on TP21.

I looked at a coverage map & TP 19 & 21 both have spotbeam 54 that looks like it comes right up to the eastern edge of Chicago. I'm about 20 miles west of that & my buddy is another 20 miles west of me. If I go to Menu 611 & look at TP 21 the "Transponder" label changes to Spotbeam" 54 & I get a SS of 14 with a Yellow or weak status bar. I get nothing on TP19.

I'm guessing that SS of 14 is what's causing the "problem". Even though I'm not authorized to view the contents my dish is still picking up a weak fringe signal. Just like I don't subscribe to any foreign programming on sat 77 the System Info still shows I'm receiving a signal (or at least it did when I had the 1000.4 dish). But my friend 20 miles away may be just enough further away that he does not receive anything on TP21. He's out of town but I've already contacted him & will find out when he returns if he gets anything on TP21.

Finally got together with my friend. Regarding TP21 he gets a SS of 29. I get 14 & sometimes down to 9 & the SS bar shows yellow or red which coincides with the System Info of yellow or red for 61.5. Since he gets a good SS his System Info shows green for 61.5. I don't know if the fringe signal I'm getting for TP21 over Michigan is what's causing my Sys Info to show yellow or red, but it looks like it could be. But I wonder why he would get a stronger SS from TP21 since he is further from Michigan.

Anyway my locals come in just fine via the sat tuners or the OTA module tuners.

Finally got together with my friend. Regarding TP21 he gets a SS of 29. I get 14 & sometimes down to 9 & the SS bar shows yellow or red which coincides with the System Info of yellow or red for 61.5. Since he gets a good SS his System Info shows green for 61.5. I don't know if the fringe signal I'm getting for TP21 over Michigan is what's causing my Sys Info to show yellow or red, but it looks like it could be. But I wonder why he would get a stronger SS from TP21 since he is further from Michigan.

Anyway my locals come in just fine via the sat tuners or the OTA module tuners.
If your friend (which I assume is close in distance to you)is getting a much better signal level, then you have most likely a badly peaked dish install. If he is further away from Michigan then does he have the same dish set up?

If your friend (which I assume is close in distance to you)is getting a much better signal level, then you have most likely a badly peaked dish install. If he is further away from Michigan then does he have the same dish set up?

We both had the same setup, until Dish swapped my dish. Before then we both had EA 1000.4 and all Green on Sys Info screen. Same tech installed both systems a few days apart & said I was getting just a tiny bit higher SS, but I don't know which satellite(s) he was referring to.

Then one day 61.5 displayed Yellow & sometimes Red in Sys Info. My neighbor also has EA 1000.4 & I checked his Sys Info and he had Yellow for 61.5. My friend is 20 miles away & still has Green.

First tech came out & saw the Yellow & said I had an LNB problem & replaced with a new one, keeping the 1000.4 dish. This made no difference. But he did not know why it was still getting Yellow.

Second tech came out & said the Yellow or Red means nothing.

Third tech came out & said there was a problem & peaked the 1000.4 but it made no difference. He suggested trying the 1000.2 dish & I said let's give it a try. However the 1000.2 with it's new LNB made no difference. He had no idea why still Yellow or Red because my SS was good.

IOW when all 3 of us had EA 1000.4 only my friend 20 miles ways got a Green for 61.5, and still does.

We both had the same setup, until Dish swapped my dish. Before then we both had EA 1000.4 and all Green on Sys Info screen. Same tech installed both systems a few days apart & said I was getting just a tiny bit higher SS, but I don't know which satellite(s) he was referring to.

Then one day 61.5 displayed Yellow & sometimes Red in Sys Info. My neighbor also has EA 1000.4 & I checked his Sys Info and he had Yellow for 61.5. My friend is 20 miles away & still has Green.

First tech came out & saw the Yellow & said I had an LNB problem & replaced with a new one, keeping the 1000.4 dish. This made no difference. But he did not know why it was still getting Yellow.

Second tech came out & said the Yellow or Red means nothing.

Third tech came out & said there was a problem & peaked the 1000.4 but it made no difference. He suggested trying the 1000.2 dish & I said let's give it a try. However the 1000.2 with it's new LNB made no difference. He had no idea why still Yellow or Red because my SS was good.

IOW when all 3 of us had EA 1000.4 only my friend 20 miles ways got a Green for 61.5, and still does.
It's a bent dish. Talk to dirt and have a new tech come out and put the 1000.4 back up and only peak 72 & 61.5 or have the 2 head 1000.2 I think it is that is new and not slightly bent dish up. There is no reason for you to not be getting green on both those sats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts