61.5 HD Core Migrations Update

Yes, why are they putting all the HD on one sat?

Essentially 61.5 has a sick satellite. They moved another one over there to cover, but it does not cover the north east as well as needed.

It is easier for them to use the available space on 72.7 which has a new satellite that was just launched instead of worrying about more failures at 61.5 and upset customers in the NE that get patchy signal by the temporary satellite.

It appears their current strategy is to move all the national programing, both SD and HD to 72.7. It also looks like locals will be on 77 until it gets its new satellite which will have a lot more local capacity via spot beam. 77 will probably have a mix of CONUS (plus Mexico coverage) and spot beams. It is unknow what the CONUS coverage will be used for (some speculation of being Spanish programing for the US).

61.5 is slated to get 2 new satellites, one for CONUS and one for spots. Once they get those in place no one really knows what they will use the CONUS space for at that time. The spot beam satellite of course will be used for locals.

Not all of the programming is leaving 61.5...the spotbeamed locals are staying on E12.

Basically in a nut shell Dish wants you to have a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish..single dish solution. If you are in a town that has them on both arcs then pick an arc based on your line of sight.

They have ways of telling what your hooked up to and will check when its your regions time to start moving.
I'm not sure this is true. Reason is, they put my locals (Tallahassee FL) on 129 and I wanted no part of another contract, so I bought my own 1000.2 and now have 110/119/129 plus a winger at 61.5.
They still send me those "Your Locals are now in HD, and you Could be Missing Out" things in the mail, so they must have no idea I can already see 129. :rolleyes:
(Why they put locals this far east on 129 makes no sense to me anyway):confused:

They may have ways of knowing but their info is often incorredt.

Exactly. I had to have CEO's office override the list of sats. They used the work order from when I bought my setup off the Internet, which said I had 110/119 but not 61.5.. Of course I self installed and installed a 61.5 dish after the fact. It was quite a hassle because the guy had actually never done it before.

All in all the guy was great to me, but it goes to show this data can be very wrong.

If I have the 72.7/110/119 setup will there be a problem such as ESPN-SD on 140 is both on 72.7 and 119 how will the 211's and 4900 receiver act?

Channel Overlap isn't a problem. The box will figure it out.

Your 211/4900 receivers won't see the 72.7 channels at all, only 110/119. If memory serves, it doesn't even show the sat on those receivers, but don't quote me on it.

That is not correct.....HD content from 72.7( about to be formerly 61.5) is mirrored from 129. I understand there are a couple of RSN's in HD that are one one and not the other.

I think this has been asked before, but, can I move my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and keep 110/119? What channels will I lose? I am still debating what to do about my 61.5 110/119 set up? I had no luck trying to get 129 with my 61.5 dish. Need to keep 110/119 for the distants.

so will we have a period this year of some national HD channels on both 61.5 and 72.7? I presume they have the capacity for that (EA expansion/growth plans on hold) as they gain TPs at 72.7??

They still send me those "Your Locals are now in HD, and you Could be Missing Out" things in the mail, so they must have no idea I can already see 129. :rolleyes:
(Why they put locals this far east on 129 makes no sense to me anyway):confused:
Thats just a mass mailing they send to people in your area.

But using Set top Box Health they can see exactly what satellites your receiver is seeing. I have seen them use this software with my own eyes when I visited on of their call centers.

But using Set top Box Health they can see exactly what satellites your receiver is seeing. I have seen them use this software with my own eyes when I visited on of their call centers.
how many people have receivers plugged into phonelines and ethernet?

So you are saying that they know if you do an upgrade on your own?

Yes of course.

I will look through my pictures today if I get a chance, as I actually took photos of their settop box heath setup, it was really cool how much they could see.

My point was, when it comes time to do the mailings which source will they get their info from: STB health data or the database the CSRs have access to?? I would bet on the CSR database. In my case they were different at that time...

GOOD, I cannot get the lousy 129 sat and moving the 61.5 wing dish I have myself to 72.7 will be easy and will not cost me a dime or have to wait for some installer.

Finally I will get the newer HD additions!

If you change your 61.5/110/119 to a 72/110/119 setup you're going be missing quite a few HD channels!

Check out TheList link my signature and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Channel Overlap isn't a problem. The box will figure it out.

Your 211/4900 receivers won't see the 72.7 channels at all, only 110/119. If memory serves, it doesn't even show the sat on those receivers, but don't quote me on it.
MPEG 4 receivers cannot process 72.7 or 77 slot signals. Eastern Arc is MPEG 4 only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)