61.5 question

bigorangekitty

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
have a 622vip, dpp44, superdish @ 105, 110, 119.... seperate dish 500 with dual dpp lnb @ 61.5 going to dpp 44 ....i just lost 61.5 due to bad weather...couple of questions:

what's the best transponder to find 61.5 with? i used to be able to just quickly nab it, now i can't? so i'm looking for the best transponder to deal with?

i went ahead and replaced the cabling from the dish, just in case, because on my dpp44, on the port where 61.5 was, instead of DPP Even, Odd, or N.C. it just says "N.C" No Connection. LNB go bad?

thanks guys

oh...i thought i heard once that transponder 7 was easiest to get on 61.5... also, can i use a legacy lnb...i don't want to have to buy another lnb if it is in fact an lnb problem

It should recognize a DP LNB even if it isn't aimed properly (status "Conn"). What happens when you connect 61.5 to the other DPP44 inputs, or move a line from the SuperDISH to the 61.5 port?

When you said "dual dpp lnb," did you mean DP Dual or DPP Twin?

ok...sometime it's better to start from scratch...i did away with with the switch, rg6, got a brand new dish, new rg6, and brand new lnb....just to make sure it was none of the above. MIND YOU, this is only to find 61.5. made a new mount, made sure mounting pole was plumb with a level. set elevation to 45 degress, skew at 90... but azimuth's i keep finding are different ... from 146 to 154???? why so many?

does anyone know the EXACT azimuth for columbia, sc?

thanks in advance guys!

147.63 to be exact.... got well over a 100 on the signal.... receiver says 153 is the azimuth...wonder why....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts