Stupid Mistake

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wkilpatrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Comcast came around about 2 weeks ago and offered me a sweet deal for cable and internet. Well that was before Dish announced the big HD update. I cancelled my dish and am now regretting doing that. Is there any Dish can do so I can get my account going back to where it was or what can they do? Or would it be better to see what Direct Tv can do?

Comcast came around about 2 weeks ago and offered me a sweet deal for cable and internet.
IFF you don't think Comcast is going to meet your needs AND you don't have some sort of commitment as a result of the "sweet deal", then you should investigate all of the alternatives.

If your "sweet deal" is a $10 bundle discount, you are probably free to do whatever you want. If it involves movie channels, there's a good chance you will be back charged if you don't go at least 12 months.

I would caution that you not make assumptions about what is or isn't coming from any of your candidates. Assuming that Dish wasn't going to add HD channels is how you got where you are today.

You didn't tell us what your status is. Have you returned your equipment to dish? Is it still setup so all they have to do is turn it back on? Would you be a new customer for D*?

If you were in good standing with E* and didn't break a contract to leave them I don't see why they wouldn't take you back. You won't get new customer equipment pricing though.

If you were in good standing with E* and didn't break a contract to leave them I don't see why they wouldn't take you back. You won't get new customer equipment pricing though.

if he has already sent his equipment back, he is going to have to wait six months before he will be welcomed back. If he still has his equipment, then all he has to do is pay the $25 reconnect fee and restart his account.