61.5 repoint to 129

Thanks so much digi!
The one question I have is, I have the 500 dish and one for Portuguese International channels, so would I lose the Portuguese channels through interference or anything?
Also, when I talked to a tech he said that by repointing the dish I would not lose any of the channels I have now....I dont trust them so is this true or not?

Hey Temp. How about giving us some signal readings when you check yours again this weekend. I am in eastern NC using a 30 inch dish for 61.5 and I may want to swing mine around. Thanks.

Never got the chance to fool with it any more, wife went to her sisters (she reads the meter out to me) then the 500 came on :) didn't want to miss that :)

I do want to try to get higher #'s, just didnt this weekend...

I was wondering if I could get some clarification. I have been reading all the posts and am now really confused as to which sat to point to. I have a "super dish' that 2 lnbs are pointing at 100/119 and a dish 500 single lnb pointed a t 61.5. I live in Suffolk Va. Any help is greatly appreciated. PS. I get my locals thru ota attached directly to my tv. My receiver is a vip211.

Buffalo new HD

The change from 61.5 to 129 won't work for Buffalo. The locals are all on 61.5. So no new HD here.

No. 61.5 and 72.7 have absolutely no programming in common.
72.7, 77 and 61.5 are one set. 119/110 and 129 are the other set. If you get either set you get everything (English language anyway). If you mix and match is when you start losing channels

I have been trying to switch from 61.5 to 72.6. I currently have two seperate dishes. Are the instructions the same for this switch as it is for switching from 61.5 to 129? If so what channel/transponder should I use to find 72.6?

I have been reading this site daily for at least 2 years and I think Digiblurs explanation is at least one of, if not the, most helpful thing I have seen. How do I tell if the Columbia Mo locals are on 129. Thank You very much. ron

Thanks MikeD, my locals are on 110 so I don't have to worry about that, I will try pointing to 129 soon.

I have been reading this site daily for at least 2 years and I think Digiblurs explanation is at least one of, if not the, most helpful thing I have seen. How do I tell if the Columbia Mo locals are on 129. Thank You very much. ron

Thanks... you can always find the latest and up to date information on where what channels are at by the TheList link in my signature.

I have been trying to switch from 61.5 to 72.6. I currently have two seperate dishes. Are the instructions the same for this switch as it is for switching from 61.5 to 129? If so what channel/transponder should I use to find 72.6?

Hi Wantsmith and the group, last weekend I played around with the different satellites and here is some of what I learned.

Setting up for 72.7 is not at all like re-pointing to 129 but you might have some success. There are two ways to go with the pair of Dish 500, provided that is what you are working with. One way that you might consider would be to re-point the dish that is now on 61.5 and move it to 77w then re-point the dish that is on 110/119 to 61.5 and 72.7 This would get everything that is on the EA; however, this requires splitting the signal between the two satellites as the LNB was designed for 9 degree of satellite spacing and 61.5 and 72.7 are 11.2 degrees apart. It also requires re-pointing both dishes - more work and you will lose some signal Q.

Another way to go would be to forget about 77 as there is not that much on 77 - NASA, some of the religious channels, CSPAN and lots of CD music. If you can live with out that then consider leaving the dish that is on 61.5 alone and only re-point the dish that is on 110/119 to 72.7 one of the LNB will be pointing at air and not receive anything but it works for the two satellites and each can be peaked fully.

In any case before you start to loosen any bolts make sure you mark the mounts with a permanent marker so you can restore the dishes if you are not happy with the results.

Hope this helps, DC

Transponder for finding 72.6

Thanks DC will try this weekend and provide feedback. Can you indicate what transponder on 72.6 gives a strong signal so that I can find it quickly?

Thanks DC will try this weekend and provide feedback. Can you indicate what transponder on 72.6 gives a strong signal so that I can find it quickly?

72.7 is the sat. As for transponder they are all in the 60s range, with 31 & 32 transponders in the 70s in my area.

Hey Temp. How about giving us some signal readings when you check yours again this weekend. I am in eastern NC using a 30 inch dish for 61.5 and I may want to swing mine around. Thanks.

Sorry slow getting back, weather has been too icky to mess w/ it & just now, tonight, got to fool with it...

I actually had to move my dish out to an open area in the back yard 'cause I was clipping part of my garage w/ it... New #'s: on TR21, had 50 before, 75 now; all the rest were around 33-37, now 50-61 :) I'm so happy, but the Mrs. isn't real happy bout the location (told her it was just till spring :))

Sorry slow getting back, weather has been too icky to mess w/ it & just now, tonight, got to fool with it...

I actually had to move my dish out to an open area in the back yard 'cause I was clipping part of my garage w/ it... New #'s: on TR21, had 50 before, 75 now; all the rest were around 33-37, now 50-61 :) I'm so happy, but the Mrs. isn't real happy bout the location (told her it was just till spring :))
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)