612 and 211K network/internet connections?

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
I've got them hooked up but not sure what functionality they give me. Can someone please fill me in? I also have a phone line attached to my 612 (but not the 211K). The caller ID on the 211K does not work over the household electric lines (poor connection in the DishCOMM test). Both are on surge suppressors.

Thanks.

I don't think the callerID works without a phone line attached. For the purposes of verifying both receivers are at the same location, the Internet connection will suffice. You can also download DishOnline programs with the 612, and program recordings remotely.

Not sure if it has anything to do with your problem or not, but I believe that most powerline networking options require (or at least suggest) you to plug directly to wall, rather than thru surge protectors.

Not sure if it has anything to do with your problem or not, but I believe that most powerline networking options require (or at least suggest) you to plug directly to wall, rather than thru surge protectors.

My main question is "what does the network connection do?" and was really unrelated to the DishCOMM issue.

As long as one TV (the main one) is getting caller ID, I really don't mind if the other one doesn't.

The network connection allows the 612 access to DishOnline. Press the DVR button and then #5. You can download thousands of shows and movies.

It also allows use of the DVR manager for Dish Remote Access. You can manage your timers and content for your 612.

The only benefit to internet for the 211 would be the ability to order PPV, but you also have that feature with a phoneline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)