612 and 722k Capabilities?

flyguyj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
Hey guys, after doing some searching across the web, I'm still left with some ?s. Could someone please explain to me the multi-tuner capabilities of our 612 and 722k? For the discussion, let's assume I do not and will not have anything to do with OTA ever.

How many channels can the 612 record in the background while we try to watch a separate channel live?
How many channels can the 722k record in the background while we try to watch a separate channel live?

I was under the impression the 612 could record two channels (and we're stuck watching one or the other), or record one channel while watching another live.
I was also under the impression that the 722k could record two channels, and we could still watch another (third) channel live while the other two record in the background.

Each receiver is connected to a single TV (ie, they are not set up to dual tune to 2 separate TVs) ... one upstairs and one downstairs. What brought on this question is I had the 722k recording two different shows, and when I tried to watch a different channel with the 2 recordings going in the background, it asked me if i wanted to cancel a recording.

Without OTA, you only have two tuners to record or watch. Neither has a third tuner (which you seem to think the 722 has). If you added OTA, the 612 would have a third tuner (OTA) while the 722 k (with OTA module), you would get two more giving you four tuners (2 sat and 2 OTA). Only difference, in single mode the 722 has pip. But if recording on second tuner, this would be one of the pip channels.

Sorry to dig this old thread up ... one other thing if you have not figured it out too is that if you have a Sling Adapter, the 612 will not support it.

I just got a Sling Adapter about a month or so back. When you are sitting in the parking lot with a car full of kids waiting for the wife to come out of the grocery store, having the Sling Adapter has saved a few of my kids ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts