612 vs 722

mkstg1985

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Springfield MA
I had originally planned to get a 922 dvr when I order Dish Network soon but I don't want a $200 charge on my credit card so my question now is are there any features that the 722 has that the 612 doesn't. I do not want a duo dvr and I'm assuming the 612 is the best solo hd dvr available. And would the price be more expensive with the 612 or less then having the 722. I want my current setup to be 3 hdtv's two with no dvr access and my one main tv with the solo dvr. Would that be the best setup since I want to watch one show and record another at the same time all the time.

Thanks

I would get the 722 just for the PIP. I also only use my DVRs on one TV (single mode only), but I love having access to the PIP when I'm viewing live TV vs. the DVR.

Not to mention the 722/k has a bigger hard drive (more recording capacity), the ability to swap from tuner to tuner, and IMHO they are more reliable.

I was going to get a 612 my last upgrade but my wife's uncle who is a rep said he has been getting calls on them lately. Any fast moving action, that box was having problems with.

If it is your only receiver you want the 722 since it is far better and there is no additional charge. If you want another one you have to balance the extra montly cost (17 for 722 vs 10/month on 612).

The 612 has a lot of issues, go for the 722 if the cost doesn't matter to you.

612 you save $7.00 but this receiver has problems.

722 $17 to lease but it's far more stable than the 612.

So I can use the 722 as a solo dvr but it would still cost me more still. This is what my exact set up would be I would use two non dvr hd receivers for two hdtvs and my third main hdtv would have a hd dvr that I would want to use as a solo. Would the cost of the 722 still be $17 a month or could it be the same price as the 612 if used as a solo. Forgive my confusion. My understanding is that the dvr charge for both is the same at $6 per month but I'm guessing the cost is more with the 722 is because you are paying for each tuner with the 722 where as you are paying just one for the 612 correct?

I have a 722 and 2 612's. Despite the website showing one of my 612s as primary, the billing is correct: $6/account for DVRs, and $10+$10 for the 612s. And yes, they have 2 sat tuners and 1 OTA tuner. Good combo if you can get a good 612!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)