622 2nd TV remote strangeness...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TexasPenguin

Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Texas, USA
I have a VIP622 - had it for quite a few years.
Just lately encountered a strange fault but one that I'm not 100% certain hasn't always been there.
I have the receiver set for dual mode, HD TV in the living room and SD in the bedroom.
Remote 1 (living room) is the IR universal - works fine.
Remote 2 (bedroom) is the UHF - works fine so long as receiver 1 is NOT on.

I.e. Receiver 1 on, watching TV in living room.
Go into bedroom and 622 completely ignores the UHF from remote. BUT, if I walk into the living room so the receiver "sees" the IR from remote 2, then I can control receiver #2.
Turn receiver 1 OFF, go back into bedroom and I can control receiver 2 from UHF....

The thing is that it's very infrequent that I ever want to have both receivers on at the same time. Plus, my experience of Dish operators leaves me loath to walk them through this strange problem.
Oh, and the other thing is that, when we upgraded to the 622 we ended up with 2 sets of remotes (2xUHF, 2xIR). Bot UHF controls work exactly the same way.

Any ideas, am I missing something obvious?

Have you confirmed that the receiver is still in dual mode?

You might try the process to change the RF remote code to see if they haven't gone their separate ways.

I "think" that the remote and reception is either UHF or IR and not both as you imply. Switching to single mode you could test the UHF remote, remotely. And check in Menu+Menu that they have different addresses.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)