622 & 722 HDMI issue (Reboot Loop) Advanced troubleshooting help

Cokeswigga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Ok guys, help me out.. I seem to be having some troubles..

My setup is as follows:
| |
------------------------------
Monoprice HDMI
4X2 Matrix Switch
------------------------------
| |
Sony 46 Sony 46 Google TV

This setup has worked fine for 2 years until recently (about 2 months ago or so)

Here is the problem:

When I have the both the 622 and 722 connected to the HDMI swith, BOTH receiver will shut down once the 622 and 722 go into sleep mode.
When I try to restart the receivers, they go into a infinite reboot loop.

When I unplug and leave the 622 HDMI unconnected , and then reboot (or two or three reboots) , I can usally get both receivers to work normally.
THen I can plug in the 622 HDMI cable, and it will work. However, once the receivers sleep... then I will loose the HDMI connections and the loops will start on BOTH RECEIVERS.

I need both receivers to connect VIA HDMI to the Switch.

Did something change in the software that now allows communitation through HDMI on the receivers?

He probably just selected it from the list of icon options as it was the most colorful and would attract the most attention.

Why would the switch be causing both receivers to shut down only when the 622 is connected....switch works fine with other devices or 722 alone. The problem seems to occur when I use the 622 hdmi and the only when it goes to sleep

Kinda strange goings on for sure.One or possibly both of the receivers may be going bad.One thing to try is to turn off the inactivity on one or both of them.Oh forgot to mention that 622 hdmi ports are infamous for going bad.

722 and 622 works flawless when the 622 hdmi is not hooked up. But when 622 & 722 hdmi is connected there are problems

Yes, I see now. It is likely the HDMI port on the ViP622 is physically going bad. Known issue. When mine went bad, they upped me to a ViP722 at no charge.

Yes, I see now. It is likely the HDMI port on the ViP622 is physically going bad. Known issue. When mine went bad, they upped me to a ViP722 at no charge.
WOW - That's great to 'hear' (upgrade to 722) !! My current 622's HDMI output has been dead for about a year now. (Returned my first one almost right away in '06 for the same reason.) But before I send it back, I want to offload the HDD. I have a 2 TB "spare" EHD available. Will the 622 support one that size? Is there still a $40 charge to activate it? (I've had a 1TB drive activated on my 211 for almost 3 years now, works great!)

Cokeswigga - sorry to "Shanghai" your thread. Yes - known issue, got most of us "early adopters". But I thought it was resolved in newer 622s. Maybe not...

I don't know who the ebay icon showed up.....
I did make the original post from my phone.... maybe I screwed something up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)