622 Audio Drop Outs, who else?

Happened to me too while I was watching this weeks House. The sound kept cutting off constantly. Very annoying.

So, do we just wait around for a fix, or is there something we can do to escalate this?

mlrtime3 said:
I put my bug in the sticky topic but I thought I'd create a new one as well.

Watching 24 tonight was painful, constant audio drop outs and audio sync problems. Towards the end of the first episode tonight the audio dropped out completely. This is watching it on the SAT HD Local channel not OTA. I have >90 signal on all 3 sats and it happens on other channels as well.

Also, I noticed that the audio starts going out of sync after about 10 minutes. In this 10 minutes the drop outs stop, but the audio is out of sync. As soon as I pause and un-pause the audio is in sync, but the audio drops out soon after.

How many others are having this same problem? How do we escalate this to Dish and let the techs verify it as a 622 bug and get a ETA on a patch?

Thanks

I had the exact same experience. The worst thing was that my "ALL" timer only recorded the first hour of 24 and not the second. I have to go and try and find it on a file sharing site as FX doesn't rerun the current season's episodes during the week anymore.... Grr. I even tried putting on closed captioning but THAT didn't work either (it worked when I switched channels to an SD channel). FOX is the worst HD channel right now as the sound drops make it impossible to watch without going nuts.

MikeD-C05 said:
I've yet to see any synch issues at all , KNOCK ON WOOD! Just audio popping. I wonder why some are having the synch issues and some are having the audio popping. Maybe someone could do a poll and see how many are suffering from either issue or both issues, or none of the above.

Most of the ones who aren't having the issue are getting their feeds from OTA sources. There is something hinky about the feed from Fox to E*, or the feed from E* to us.....

I don't think it is the signal, I can rewind after a lot of audio drop outs and the drop outs will be in different locations. If it were the signal, then the dvr would have recorded the dropouts in the exact same location every time. right?

No drop outs on my 622, but I do have the dreaded audio "tick" since day 1 on TV2. I'm running in single mode and tonight I used PIP and did a swap. Turned to a SD channel and the tick was now on TV1. Swapped back and it was gone. Definitely an issue on the second tuner.

BobMurdoch said:
Most of the ones who aren't having the issue are getting their feeds from OTA sources. There is something hinky about the feed from Fox to E*, or the feed from E* to us.....

So everyone who is having audio synch issues are subs who get their hd locals from Dish over the satellite vs the people like me who get it ota via an antenna? That would explain it. I thought everyone was suffering audio synch issues like we all did with Voom a few months back , except on all their sat channels.

Audio Dropouts

I have had this from the start on the 622. I have the HDMI to the HDset and the Optic audio out to the Pioneer amp. I get the audio dropouts only on the Optical output and not on the HDMI. It does not seem to be as bad today but it is still happening. I do not know if the new download yesturday caused the improvement. Is this the same problem that the rest of you are having?

Still getting drop-outs/pops myself. But now I also have a new one. The audio will completely out on many HD channels. If I simply rewind or pause, the audio comes on. if I go to 'live' tv, the sound goes dead again.

mlrtime3 said:
Still getting drop-outs/pops myself. But now I also have a new one. The audio will completely out on many HD channels. If I simply rewind or pause, the audio comes on. if I go to 'live' tv, the sound goes dead again.

I had this problem tonight. I recorded a movie off HBOHD (5.1 DD). It had constant sound drops (using optic cable from sat box to receiver). When I switched back to live TV (HD channels) the sound was gone and the only way I could get it back was to rewind a bit or pause. If I tried forwarding to live TV it went out again. First time I have seen this. Will try re-booting. I have set the box to SD audio already. That seems to have helped with the sync issue (seen that a few times as well).

I have noticed an increase in audio dropouts via HDMI in the past couple of days. It is getting very annoying. No pops like others are describing, but just a second or two of where audio just goes away. Haven't tried it with my optical yet.

Something definitely needs to be fixed by Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)