622 Buffer question - Am I missing something?

adavis720

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Ok here is the situation -

I am watching a show on Satellite tuner A. I watch a DVR event, and then end it, going back to the Satellite tuner A. At this point I feel like I should be able to rewind. Why is it not possible?

If I swap, I can rewind on that channel but it always seems like it swaps to the OTA tuner. Is it ever possible to swap from Sat tuner A to Sat tuner B with recording something on either of the Sat tuners?

Am I missing something here?

I am in Single mode, BTW.

Poking around in the prefs, in "Record Plus", everything is greyed out, since I am in Single mode and in Setup -> Shared View is enabled, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Incidentally, in "Record Plus", what is the deal with ERD setup? Does that actually work now? I enabled it just for fun.

Ok here is the situation -

I am watching a show on Satellite tuner A. I watch a DVR event, and then end it, going back to the Satellite tuner A. At this point I feel like I should be able to rewind. Why is it not possible?
Because the "current" tuner is not buffered when you are watching a DVR event.
If I swap, I can rewind on that channel but it always seems like it swaps to the OTA tuner. Is it ever possible to swap from Sat tuner A to Sat tuner B with recording something on either of the Sat tuners?

Am I missing something here?

I am in Single mode, BTW.

Poking around in the prefs, in "Record Plus", everything is greyed out, since I am in Single mode and in Setup -> Shared View is enabled, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Incidentally, in "Record Plus", what is the deal with ERD setup? Does that actually work now? I enabled it just for fun.

ERD is for setting up timer recordings to the POCKETDISH

Ok, thanks.

I will just swap away from the tuner I want to be active after the DVR event.

Sort of counter-intuitive...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)