NHL Center Ice HD Question?

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I am in SC, I want to watch the NY Islanders their home network is Fox Sports NY does dish carry this in HD? I want t get the Center Ice Package but only if all the games are in HD, especially all the Islander games? Anyone know if they will be?

You will not get ALL of the NY Islanders game in HD through the Center Ice package.

For example, the game tomorrow against Buffalo won't be available in HD

I am in SC, I want to watch the NY Islanders their home network is Fox Sports NY does dish carry this in HD? I want t get the Center Ice Package but only if all the games are in HD, especially all the Islander games? Anyone know if they will be?

The only Isle's games you'll get on Center Ice in HD is if they are away and that team's home broadcast is in HD.

Dish doesn't carry FSNY or MSG in HD yet.

I watched the Rangers in HD from MSG but I had to watch the Florida feed to get it. ANother benefit of Dish carrying both home/away feeds.

The NYR feed was SD....

I would rather watch the HD feed than listen to the home ice announcers.

Sometimes you have to make a tough choice.

The NYR feed was SD....

I would rather watch the HD feed than listen to the home ice announcers.

Sometimes you have to make a tough choice.

tell me! i watched the sd so i can hear sam... i tried juggling my set up to watch HDNET and still listen to sam but i couldn't get it!

here's some info - NHL Network not full time HD, some games in HD on CI, and a multi-game feed

Some hockey games in the NHL's out-of-market Center Ice package are being delivered in HD. American cable operators this week renewed their carriage of In Demand Networks' Center Ice subscription package.

In Demand is offering a free preview through Tuesday to
whet fans' appetites for the $149/season (which jumps to $169 after Tuesday) package, which is adding a four-screen mosaic to rotate live hockey games.

NHL Network Launches in the U.S. :: Cable360

tell me! i watched the sd so i can hear sam... i tried juggling my set up to watch HDNET and still listen to sam but i couldn't get it!

If I really want to hear the home announcers, I just listen to the game on NHL Radio and sync the video with the radio feed. Granted this is the radio announcers...but a lot of times they are better and talk more about 'MY' team than the opposing announcers or national announcers.

Except that the Colorado game WASN'T in HD last night. Don't know if this is a one-off or if E* is going to show a bunch of HD games in the schedule and then, when the time comes, say they're "not available".

Curious: did anyone in this thread who SAW NJ/TB or NY/FLA in HD see them through the NY feed (i.e. MSG-HD or FSNY-HD) or was it through HDNet or the other team's broadcast? I know if you are in the NY area you didn't but how about out-of-market viewers?

Just curious to see if Dolan HAS to supply MSG-HD/FSNY-HD for CI purposes.

=NLK=

Except that the Colorado game WASN'T in HD last night. Don't know if this is a one-off or if E* is going to show a bunch of HD games in the schedule and then, when the time comes, say they're "not available".

Curious: did anyone in this thread who SAW NJ/TB or NY/FLA in HD see them through the NY feed (i.e. MSG-HD or FSNY-HD) or was it through HDNet or the other team's broadcast? I know if you are in the NY area you didn't but how about out-of-market viewers?

Just curious to see if Dolan HAS to supply MSG-HD/FSNY-HD for CI purposes.

=NLK=

I'm not positive about the NJ/TB game...but the NY/FLA game was on HDNet and also a HD feed from Florida

EDIT: Just confirmed that the NJ/TB game in HD was a TB feed. See picture below I took on Wednesday night:

NHLHD2.jpg

Oh, OK, thanks. I should have known about the non-NY feeds since my EPG as well didn't show an HD entry for MSG or FSNY, it's just that I thought it MIGHT be because I'd be blacked out anyway. However, now I realize if that was the case then the feed would show in the guide but I just wouldn't be able to tune to it.

As far as the Colorado game goes it's just that E* (and D*) p*ss me off when they promise and don't deliver. Granted, it could REALLY have been out of their control but I'm wondering if the way Dish is going to battle D* is to say one thing and do another and hope no one notices.

=NLK=

Oh, OK, thanks. I should have known about the non-NY feeds since my EPG as well didn't show an HD entry for MSG or FSNY, it's just that I thought it MIGHT be because I'd be blacked out anyway. However, now I realize if that was the case then the feed would show in the guide but I just wouldn't be able to tune to it.

As far as the Colorado game goes it's just that E* (and D*) p*ss me off when they promise and don't deliver. Granted, it could REALLY have been out of their control but I'm wondering if the way Dish is going to battle D* is to say one thing and do another and hope no one notices.

=NLK=

IIRC, last year Dish had a few similar issues where the HD feed never came on or one of the two feeds (home/away) were not available at the last minute. I always consider that a technical issue and outside of their control. If they are just putting it on the guide without confirming they actually can get the feed, thats another thing.

I hate how people bash on Dish for stuff like this. Compare this to last year, or the year before. We had a HD game here/there. Now we are having multiple games per day. We are headed in the right direction. DISH even offers both home/away feeds for each game....who else does that?

IIRC, last year Dish had a few similar issues where the HD feed never came on or one of the two feeds (home/away) were not available at the last minute. I always consider that a technical issue and outside of their control. If they are just putting it on the guide without confirming they actually can get the feed, thats another thing.

I hate how people bash on Dish for stuff like this. Compare this to last year, or the year before. We had a HD game here/there. Now we are having multiple games per day. We are headed in the right direction. DISH even offers both home/away feeds for each game....who else does that?

I don't disagree: I've supported E* through this D* launch because I think good behavior (i.e. adding HD channels throughout the past year) ought to be rewarded. If E* is honest about what they will and won't show then I have no complaint: my point was merely that I hope that this lack of availability of games that are scheduled to be shown is not planned. After all, one of the few advantages Dish has on D* right now is multiple CI/HD games and it would make sense for them to capitalize on it.

=NLK=

I've tried synching radio with the TV but the radio is usually 7 seconds ahead. How do you do that? Would be no problem if the radio was behind the description but it is usually ahead.

If you notice the schedule for last night it lists pre and post game for the Colorado game. In next weeks schedule it says the same and then has the St. Louis feed for the actual game. This is confusing-I thought all home Colorado games were broadcast in high def on Altitude....which we now recieve. I checked last night and I didn't see it on there...

I've tried synching radio with the TV but the radio is usually 7 seconds ahead. How do you do that? Would be no problem if the radio was behind the description but it is usually ahead.

I've only done it 1 or 2 times and the radio was easily 4-5 minutes behind. And this is through NHL.com/radio......not actually grabbing it OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts