622 cuts the last minute off of every recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
This is a real bummber missing the very last minute of every show. I know you can tell it to extend xxx minutes but, if you do, then you can not record the next program because it creates a conflict. Say the show ends at 10:00 and you extend it to 10:01 then you can't record a new show that starts at 10:00 (obviously).

It seems that the timing is all messed up and slipped to start on time and end about a minute early.

Any fix for this or just the way it is? I don't recall my 508 receiver having this issue.

This is a real bummber missing the very last minute of every show. I know you can tell it to extend xxx minutes but, if you do, then you can not record the next program because it creates a conflict. Say the show ends at 10:00 and you extend it to 10:01 then you can't record a new show that starts at 10:00 (obviously).

It seems that the timing is all messed up and slipped to start on time and end about a minute early.

Any fix for this or just the way it is? I don't recall my 508 receiver having this issue.

rexlan,

The Schedule the actual Networks provide to the companies (Tribune, TV Guide, etc...) which is used for EPG's is purposely not adhered to by the same networks to screw up users of DVR's.

The only true way to solve this problem is to force the networks to actually adhere to their own schedule, so don't hold your breath. Generally, most networks end their shows between 30 seconds to 2 minutes late.

John

Hum ... that really sucks! Guess that explains why the recording extend function is in place.
Thanks

Not knowing what you are scheduling, I'll just throw out that if you enable record plus, and there is a conflict caused by overlap, then the second tuner will take the next program. If some shows are on locals and you have sat locals in your city, record one OTA and the next one from Sat. Now, if all three tuners are busy, then at some point, something has to go. My defaults are one minute early and 3 minutes late. Never had cut off problems.

I've been having grief with the early pad too. For some shows, 2 mins isn't enough, but after 2, it jumps to 5. I wish we could get to every minute up to 5.

Bottom line, there's no such thing as too much horsepower or too many tuners.

KAB: Good suggestions. We don't know how rexlan has his box set up.

One more suggestion. Any show's on cable channels (USA, TnT, etc), can be pushed to a lower priority. If there's no tuner available the 622/722 will pick up a later showing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts