622 dead?

rprice54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
had my 622 for just over a year, now the green light comes on for a few seconds, the screen is blank, and then it shuts off. the fan sounds like it's running overtime, but the air coming out the side is cool.

once I got to the 'acquiring satellites' screen, but it quickly reset again. I call tech support (Is your TV on the right channel? Um- HDMI cable. Is the unit plugged in?...). After an agonizing phone call with lots of dead air ("Please wait until it turns back on.... Um, it's not turning on, that's the problem) they're sending me another 622 (I'm guessing a refurb someone else returned). So now I'm out for a week, I lost all the NCAA games I was trying to watch tonight... can you guys think of any other fixes to try while I wait? I've tried resetting it, I've plugged it directly into the wall. It was on a power strip with a DVD player that is fine, we've had rain but no other electronics failures in the house.

Okay, so now the receiver works again. My replacement arrived today. What do you think, was it a glitch or is my 622 dying? I can go with the new one anyways, I loose all my content, but now I have a refurb that was returned previously for another problem. I've read on here they don't always fully investigate these, and if they pass a few tests they go right back out into circulation.

anyone?

Okay, so now the receiver works again. My replacement arrived today. What do you think, was it a glitch or is my 622 dying? I can go with the new one anyways, I loose all my content, but now I have a refurb that was returned previously for another problem. I've read on here they don't always fully investigate these, and if they pass a few tests they go right back out into circulation.

anyone?

Holy crap, are you me?? My 622 died in the EXACT SAME WAY on the 25th! It was a refurb to replace the one that stopped finding satellites the week before. The tech told me that it was a hard drive issue and that they were sending me a new one. You say it's working again now. I wouldn't trust it at all. While I was on the phone to the tech, she sent a signal (so she said) and I got my picture back for all of 2 minutes before it died again.

If you want to save the items from the old 622, pay the $40 external hard drive fee and move the files before you send the unit back. I had the same problem recently, got the refurbed unit and it works just fine. Sometimes its a crapshoot.

Hope this helps...

I had the same symptoms.....I had moved mine into a new entertainment center and found out it kept overheating with the fan running on and off constantly....moved it out into the open and a couple of days later no more problems....i think they all need alot of ventalation.

If you want to save the items from the old 622, pay the $40 external hard drive fee and move the files before you send the unit back. I had the same problem recently, got the refurbed unit and it works just fine. Sometimes its a crapshoot.

Hope this helps...

I've been wanting to use that feature anyways. Do I have to pay a fee for the 'new' unit when I get it hooked up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts