622 does not like 24

Exactly - set up a Dish channel recording and see what happens. Do you get your locals in HD?

What is your signal strength for FOX OTA?

Ok, Ill set up the local SD for 24 also. I do not get HD locals through E*, only SD.

My strength on Fox is always 95-98 on the 622 and 100 on my tv. It records fine, I recorded it while I watched it last night. The 622 usually cancels the timer withing 24 hours of me setting up so I've had to put it in at the last minute. I have recorded it last minute successfully the last 2 weeks.

I set up the SD recording of 24, it showed it as skipped being it was a duplicate of my OTA schedule. I restored it so that itll record both. I also changed my update time from 3am to 1035 to see what will happen after that.

What time is your EPG download set for?

Ok, I see it was for 3am. Can you change that to a time when the station is more likely to be broadcasting? I have mine set for 6am.
Do this after the 1035 test...

Ok, after the 1035 update both the SD and OTA recordings of 24 are still set. I will change the update to 6am every morning and see how it goes.

It is something to do with Fox 24 ota, I have the same problem with that station.
I can program in the Nascar race sat night, turn off the 622 for 5 min, turn back on and the event is gone from sched. It does this with both of my 622s
I can progham the same event on Fox 28 from Sav and it will stay in the timer.

What time is your EPG download set for?

Ok, I see it was for 3am. Can you change that to a time when the station is more likely to be broadcasting? I have mine set for 6am.
Do this after the 1035 test...

Ota EPG has nothing to do with station on air at time of update at 3 am.
Once the station is stored you will get EPG for that station even if you can not pickup the station from antenna.

Ota EPG has nothing to do with station on air at time of update at 3 am.
Once the station is stored you will get EPG for that station even if you can not pickup the station from antenna.

I am aware that some Fox OTAs have problems. Those problems are made worse late at night when broadcasters cut back power and make changes and updates. I was not addressing OTA EPG - Dish EPG updates end with a receiver restart. If this restart has a problem with the OTA station, strange things can happen.

Let's see what the OP has to say about some of the changes he has made.

I am aware that some Fox OTAs have problems. Those problems are made worse late at night when broadcasters cut back power and make changes and updates. I was not addressing OTA EPG - Dish EPG updates end with a receiver restart. If this restart has a problem with the OTA station, strange things can happen.

Let's see what the OP has to say about some of the changes he has made.

I will check tonight. It held through a power off, a reset and a forced 1035am update. I also changed my upadte from 3am to 6am. When I get home tonight Ill check and see if its still in there.

This is a software issue with the 622. I have the same problem with Survivor. I've read another post that someone was having problems with the Sopranos. You schedule a recording a week or so in advance then the day of the show it's completely gone, no trace of it being scheduled. I've have had to reschedule all recordings right before the show came on. It's been like this since 4.03.

This is a software issue with the 622.

We will see.

There are plenty of 4.03 users who do not have this problem.

One issue we are aware of is with FOX stations and OTA - some FOX stations do not behave correctly with the current OTA implementation on the 622.

Methodical testing and review is more likely to help find solutions than tying similar incidents together and making them the same problem.

Allright, just got home and checked. Some between yesterday night and right now, 24 and Bones OTA are gone again. The 24 SD via Dish I scheduled at the same time as the OTA 24 is still there. I'd say its def a Fox OTA issue.

Allright, just got home and checked. Some between yesterday night and right now, 24 and Bones OTA are gone again. The 24 SD via Dish I scheduled at the same time as the OTA 24 is still there. I'd say its def a Fox OTA issue.

I put Bones in as a weekly event and it worked on 1 622, Bones was put in as new only and was gone and did not record on my other 622.
I have done the same thing for nascar race sat. the one is set up for one time and one is set for weekly.
If I turn both 622s off for 5 min the sched is still good on the week set up the one for one time is gone.
This problem is only with one station Fox 24 all other stations OTA work good all the time

I would recommend that you report this issue to DIsh just to make sure they know there is still an issue with your Fox OTA.

Methodical testing and review is more likely to help find solutions than tying similar incidents together and making them the same problem.

I agree with the additional testing needed, but it's too much of a coincidence that since 4.03 these problems have started to occur. Fox, OTA, HBO, CBS. The only other thing that it could be is a faulty hard drive issue but this seem unlikely. To me it's not a huge problem to go to technical support with, as long as I reschedule the day of, I'm not overly inconvenienced with it. But I will go ahead and e-mail them and let you guys know what they say.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=95181

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts