622 does not like 24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Events = shows you have flagged to record
Timers = shows you have flagged to record x all instances that it sees *

* This includes skipped shows. For example, setting an event to record only new episodes of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" will still have to keep track of dozens and dozens of repeats. All those new episodes, repeat episodes, episodes skipped because of conflict, etc are timers.

The max # of timers was increased in L4.01 to something in the 500 range (Increase the number of daily scheduled events to 576 (from 288) .... http://ekb.dbstalk.com/622sw.htm)

Holy jumpin' jack flash. Does the new events number of 576 apply to the 625, as well?

I finally got a reply back from Tech Support this morning on the issue.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail. We are aware of the issue with this receiver. Our engineers are working on the problem. It will be corrected in a software update. Your contribution of information would help us figure out the issue. If you could reply to this email and include:

Access your "System Information" screen, by pressing "Menu" then the numbers 6-1-3 on the remote control. We need the following:
* Model ID (in box D)
* Software Version (in box D)
* Receiver CA ID (in box E, R00)
* Smart Card CA ID (in box E, S00 or S19)
Press the number 3 on your remote:
* The number starting with DNASP
* Bootstrap Version

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link:
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/index.shtml

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 1:30 PM-10:00 PM (MDT) 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option.

My suspicions were correct, it's indeed a software issue with 4.03. I guess those of us having these problems will just have to put up with it till the next update.

I have the same problem with Survivor. I will schedule it to record on one of my 622's on local channel feed through Dish not OTA and it just disappears. It works fine on my other 622. Ever since I received L 4.03 on my receivers this has been happening.

stugots
Set the recording up as a weekly event and see if it stays, this has worked on both of my 622s

I second this. oljim gave me this recommendation and I used it. Bones and 24 have stayed for 2 days so Im pretty sure thats the way to do it until E* fixes this issue.

I got the 405 last night, It did not fix the problem.
New events setup will still not stay on that 1 ota ch.

Be sure to report to Dish that 4.05 still will not allow you to set a New timer for that particular OTA channel tht will stay set.

Also, make sure you haven't padded the timers...... If you have a show after that it may try and bump the lower ranked show......

Make sure you move any shows that have multiple showings to the bottom of the list..... The Sopranos gets bumped on Sundays from me, but it catches it on Tuesday (Mondays is filled with timers, so that is no good either)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)