622 Install - where's the beef?

beryllium

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Here's my report O' the day...

I ordered the 622 install in early Feb & was scheduled for today. 3 times over last month (including yesterday) I called and verified the work order - "yes, Dish 1000 & 622 receiver". Each time I asked - "Will the installer bring the receiver"? "Yes" was the answer each time. Can I have name of installer? "No, we do not give out that information".

This morning the installer called to let me know he would be over in 1/2 hr - He asked me "did you already gt your receiver?" I knew immediately where this was going.. after 45 minutes on hold they tried to reschedule me. I ended up cancelling the 622 + HD upgrade altogether.

The CSR kept saying "we normally ship these" - I asked was it shipped? "No". How can it be "normal" if 3 different CSR's were unaware of what is "normal".

I've enjoyed the Dish service I've had so far & have recommended them to others but will not make that recomendation going forward. I have limited tolerance for rewarding incompetence - I made enough proactive attempts to make sure they had their act together & still what a let-down.

I know there are thousands of stories (ventings) like mine posted in these forums - it seems like they have obvious & easily addressable problems with their business that they are simply unwilling to fix. I guess "Charlie" is lucky enough to have a business that works well enough that he can make his billions without having to worry about customer service to the point that he would actually hire competent workers or providing adequate training, resources, etc to them. Seemingly the only thing they are properly trained to do is say "sorry".

At this stage I may continue Dish service or may look elsewhere (I'm sure Comcast or Directv will thrill me with their customer service! !sadroll).

I completely agree with you on DISH's Customer Service. They honestly don't know what the hell is going on 99% of the time. I called about a problem I had on the same day, 3 times in a row and was told something different each time! I'll be happy once I get my 622 installed on April 3 *Crosses Fingers* May I suggest that you e-mail Natalie ****** @ I think she works for the corporate office and she will give you a straight honest answer. I read that quite a few people were e-mailing her and she was getting back to them with a fast, accurate response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found her to be..

HDProjekt said:
I completely agree with you on DISH's Customer Service. They honestly don't know what the hell is going on 99% of the time. I called about a problem I had on the same day, 3 times in a row and was told something different each time! I'll be happy once I get my 622 installed on April 3 *Crosses Fingers* May I suggest that you e-mail Natalie Winters @ natalie.winters@echostar.com I think she works for the corporate office and she will give you a straight honest answer. I read that quite a few people were e-mailing her and she was getting back to them with a fast, accurate response.

Personally, I have found her to be as worthless as the rest of them from previous experience with her... My .02 on Natalie.. Gerry

ggw2000 said:
Personally, I have found her to be as worthless as the rest of them from previous experience with her... My .02 on Natalie.. Gerry

Ditto for me with Natalie. Has totoally ignored the last few e-mail messages I've sent her.

I will recommend to deal a GOOD local DN dealer. I'm a dealer and I don't make any deal until I get the 622 receivers in my store.Those CSR's does not know if the installer contract have or not have a 622 on hand.

She is the heffer that gave me wrong information back in November on lease authorizations that never took place, she is at the bottom of the Dish Pool.

Don't you just chuckle when you here they won the J.D. Powers award, they should say they Bought the J.D. powers award, no way they could have won it.

I also have my 622 on order through Natalie Winters and will post what happens. I will say she "seems" to know her sh*t better than the average bear.

1 866 339 7005 gets the executive office according to the automated system. Don't know if it gets you into the same arena as Natalie or someone higher. They're probably all the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)