622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

Possable delay in release of software (could be as late as next wednesday) not 100% sure, due to error that the rec may be rejecting the software and causing hard drive errors
Stop speculating. People have been seeing and getting this same error for months with L3.65 (L3.66 has been out too short to 'count'). If you're still on L3.65 or L3.66, why is it any different than if it had happened three weeks ago ?? It's not.

I guess we can blame it on semantics:

Effective Thursday, March 15th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.01 for the ViP622DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

It doesn't promise that they will spool it.....

Mapping down ?

Don't mean to sound ignorant- but what is the "mapping" down of channels as it pertains to my 622? Just a quick answer in layman terms would be nice :) .
Thanks, Gerry

You know I would rather have them take the time and get this right before releasing it and screwing up all our receivers but how damn long does it take???

I wouldnt count on it, but I was just told there is a chance they could POSSIBLY respool it today at 4pm eastern time.

I dont know whats involved with it, but from where I sit I dont see this update coming today.

No offense to anybody, but why not just set up a favorite and forget about all of this channel mapping and HD logos? My wife doesn't have a problem accessing the favorites and knowing which channel is in HD and which channel isn't. "ooooh, I nice new purdy HD logo." :rolleyes:

This update doesn't really give us any additional functionality. I have never had a problem setting up an HD recording (meaning I've never accidentally selected the SD version instead of the HD version). Every time Dish Network releases an update, it doesn't affect me in the least bit. They need to quit screwing around and release an update for external storage. :mad:

Im not speculating, thats what the tech rep told me
Hang around this site and DBSTalk long enough and you'll see some doozies that the techs at Dish tell customers !

I'd rather someone tell me the truth even if that means being told "I don't know" vs having them make up some bullsh*t (to get you off the phone).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts