622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

"you have to send some dude on the internet your receivers vital "security-type" information to be put on a list"

Mark is not just some dude. He works with E* as a beta tester. He was the owner (I believe) of DBSTalk.com until he sold it to David Bott.

Mark is not just some dude. He works with E* as a beta tester. He was the owner (I believe) of DBSTalk.com until he sold it to David Bott.

And how, exactly, does that not make him "some dude" on the internet? Am I not just "some dude" because I am on this message board? Am I not just "some dude" because I have kids? Am I not just "some dude" because I'm married? EVERYBODY on the internet is just "some dude." And if they're not, they're just "some dudette." And even THEN, they're "some dude."

And how, exactly, does that not make him "some dude" on the internet? Am I not just "dome dude" because I am on this message board? Am I not just some dude because I have kids? Am I not just some dude because I'm married? EVERYBODY on the internet is just "some dude." And if they're not, they're just "some dudette." And even THEN, they're "some dude."

Alright, I'm a dude too. Dude.

Mark is a stand up guy.... He intereceded on my behalf when that whole 622 screwup went down last year (I called on day one to place the order... three weeks later they say that the person who keyed in the data set up the installation date but never allocated the receiver to me, so the clock was going to go ANOTHER 5 weeks..... HE got me hooked up with someone who it to me within a week after that....

I sent my info too and hope I get to play with the beta software...

Chet, if you don't like it don't send your info, but you lose the right to complain about not getting the software right now. It sounds to me like you are just complaining to complain at this point.

I'm not just complaining to complain. How long have we been waiting for external hard drive support. I think I have a pretty legitimate complaint. If Dish wanted to do it right, they would have put a sign-up form on their web site.

Sure it does. If technicians are too busy working on this release, then they're not very busy working on the release that includes external hard drives. The longer it takes to get this release out there, the longer it's going to take for the next release.

By the way, I really do want to be a part of this testing audience. But I wasn't going to send some guy that I don't know my receiver information. I don't care if everybody here trusts him.

By the way, I really do want to be a part of this testing audience. But I wasn't going to send some guy that I don't know my receiver information. I don't care if everybody here trusts him.

Then you weren't / aren't in the testing pool. At some point, you have to get the receiver/smartcard number(s) to E*. Mark was the conduit to get them to E*.

I got the note from the beta folks at E*. Mark's legit. if you don't want to believe that, you get to wait for the general release, and when YOUR number(s) come up.

Sorry for the short tone, but I'm tired of all the whining.

You have to trust some folks at some point.

LER

I agree 100% LER. We all know Mark's history. He has helped me in the past and is a very good guy. Chet what exactly were you afraid of? Nevermind, I don't care. For now, it looks like you don't get to play with the new software and we do. ;)

I agree 100% LER. We all know Mark's history. He has helped me in the past and is a very good guy. Chet what exactly were you afraid of? Nevermind, I don't care. For now, it looks like you don't get to play with the new software and we do. ;)

He does not understand that it takes time and problems do come up when you develop software. I'm glad *E asked for beta test from places like here who test the hell out of the release and tell them whats not working.

And then release a version with all the bugs worked out. I bet 99% of the E* customers don't know this update is coming. Why piss them all off with not finished software just because some have to have it NOW!!

One Quick Tip concerning HD Mapdown. At first I thought it wasn't working on mine as it didn't show up on my Guide (one of my custom favoite lists). After checking "all sub" it was indeed working. I guess I expected it to automatically update my Favorites lists, it does not. You have to manually add the new mapdown channels to your Favorites List. They do make it easy as all HD channels have an HD logo even in the favorites modify list.

Everything else seems OK so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts