622 or 722

nastyj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
SIAP...

I have an upgrade from SD to HD scheduled for Monday and they will be installing the 622. I asked how much extra would the 722 cost me and they said $50.

My question is: Should I spend the extra $50 to get the 722? Is the 722 less buggy?

Thanks for the help.

SIAP...

I have an upgrade from SD to HD scheduled for Monday and they will be installing the 622. I asked how much extra would the 722 cost me and they said $50.

My question is: Should I spend the extra $50 to get the 722? Is the 722 less buggy?

Thanks for the help.

I have had the 722 for 6 mos. and the only bug it had was sound dropping out on a few chs. Then Dish fixed that with a software upgrade. I don't know how many hrs. of programming a 622 holds, but the 722 holds 300 hrs. of SD & 50 hrs. of HD. In addition, I can record 3 shows @ a time if using my OTA. It doesn't take long to fill up a DVR if you like to save HD shows. I wish mine had at least 500 hrs. or more. I love the 722!

I have had the 722 for 6 mos. and the only bug it had was sound dropping out on a few chs. Then Dish fixed that with a software upgrade. I don't know how many hrs. of programming a 622 holds, but the 722 holds 300 hrs. of SD & 50 hrs. of HD. In addition, I can record 3 shows @ a time if using my OTA. It doesn't take long to fill up a DVR if you like to save HD shows. I wish mine had at least 500 hrs. or more. I love the 722!

622 has 30 HD hours and 200 sd hours and can also record three programs at once with 2 being sat and the third being OTA. Only difference between the two besides the amount of recording time will be DishOnLine having HD downloads.