622 - picture breakup

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Occasionally I will see small squares over part of the screen for a few seconds while watching HD. At first I thought it was signal breakup but I've set up my 622 and 942 to the same program and the boxes only appear on the 622. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Not sure if the 622 is just more sensitive to signal strength or what the cause is. It is more of an annoyance than a real problem, picture returns to normal after a few seconds. While I've seen it more frequently off the 129, I've also seen it on channels off the 110. Have not seen it happen on OTA channels. And it doesn't seem to happen to SD programing.

I've only had my 622 for a few hours now and I have noticed it. I believe the breakup is occuring when I'm carrying out some sort of other function while it's recording. For instance, I was recording The Sopranos last night while messing with the OTA channels (FF or RW). It seems as though, when I went back to watch the Sopranos, the breakups occured around the same times as my messing with the OTA channels.

Perhaps the hard drive reader is having a hard time accessing the hard drive platter with so many things going on at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)