622 pixelating while DVR playback

T. Perinne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Houston, TX
I'm sure this has already been answered but I couldn't find it... I've had my 622 for just a few days, it replaced my 942. I like my new HD channels I'm now getting with MPEG4 but my big complaint is the quality of the DVR playback... it pixelates and distorts about every 2 minutes. My 942 was perfect with playback so this is pretty annoying, especially with nice HD shows recorded - the distortion kind of ruins it. Plus 90% of what the wife and I watch is off the DVR. Any advice as how to solve this problem? Wait till the software gets upgraded?

Thanks.

What software do you Have presently and did you see pixelation just on your DISH mpeg 4 locals in hd? IF you had L4.09 a few days ago this was the cause. You should be back at L4.05 now that DISH has rolled back all the software back to the previous L4.05. I noticed this too and reported it when I had L4.09 software. IT now works like it is supposed to at L4.05. IF this isn't your problem call DISH and see if they will send you another one to replace it.

I have L4.05... Since I installed the 622 the day before yesterday I'm not sure if I ever haf L4.09. Strange that I'm having the problem with L4.05 when the rollback solved that same problem for others.

I saw the pixellation on OTA on L4.05 when I had it the first time. It went away on all but channel 11 (local CBS affiliate) when we got L4.09. Now that we rolled back to L4.05 it is back on OTA again. I thought from what I read that the rollback was to fix some HDMI problems. I saw very few issues with L4.09. But, as I've come to see, what works for some screws up for others. My 811 was a pretty nice stable box towards the end. But since I wanted a HD DVR and knew mp4 was coming I switched to a 622. I guess now we just work our way through a whole new set of problems with the 622. they'll get resolved Just in time for the next great thing at which time we will start the problems all over again. I wonder how many problems came up when we switched from B&W to color back in the 50/60s?

Oh well, its only TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts