622 Playback Pauses for 5-10 Seconds When Timer Starts

Ziuck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
I just had my 622 replaced for what we thought was a defective receiver. No guide data and recording all episodes instead of new.

My new 622 will pause playback for 5-10 seconds when a new timer starts to record. It does this just about every time. I switched from dual mode to single mode and it still pauses.

My old 622 never did this. Any suggestions?

Does it happen on live TV also? Are you getting to pop up showing a count down to the timer? What tuner are you recording to, TV1 or TV 2? Have you tried a hard reset to see if that will clear the problem? Please let me know so I can further assist you.

I am not certain if when it happens if I've always been watching something recorded. I will try and check it tonight. It does not matter if it is recording to Tuner 2 or Tuner 1. I have seen the count down timer popup and other times it never shows before the pause. When it pauses it stops pausing as soon as the red light comes on on the front of the receiver.

I have done a hard reset a few times. There have been two instances where I get the guide and audio but no picture when watching tv so I have been forced to to a hard reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts