622 Power Specs

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have looked on the product brochure and the manual for the 622 and I can not find the Watts that the 622 draws. I am adding up the watts for all items in my home theater area so I can figure out what size UPS to get?

Anyone know what it is and also where to find?

I find that TVs draw much more power than anything else, so it can be helpful to have your DVRs and any VCRs on the battery backup outlets, and then the TV and A/V receiver on the surge protecter outlets of the UPS. That way, if you have a long power outage, you won't miss any programs - because the battery backup is devoted to the recording devices.

(Of course, if your area is plagued with very frequent one minute interruptions, you might prefer to put everything on the battery backup outlets, so your viewing is not constantly interrupted.)

All this reminds me of a time some years ago, during the Winter Olympics. The USA ladies figure skater was going to compete in the final performances with a good chance of winning gold. The program started, and BANG the power went out. It turned out that everyone had their TVs and other electric stuff on at the same time, causing the dying power transformer in our area to finally give out. Unfortunately, this was before UPSes or DVRs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts