622, Sat 129, Cust Ser A good story

vmaxept

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Pikeville, TN
I don't post much here, mostly read and learn. Over the years , with help from this forum, I have installed 2 DIY systems purchased from the assorted sponsors.

This time I let Dish do the install. I ordered the Vip622-T1000 system with the 250/HD pkg. The system has been installed for 3 months. Most of the time all is well.
After a number of Sat 129 drop outs and lots of HD pixelation, I researched the issue on this forum. I was only getting a signal strength of 40 to 50 on the old scale. The new SS scale gave me 25 to 30.
I decided to go with a separate 24 inch dish/lnb. I obtained one from one so our sponsors (The Dish Store).

I installed it today. After locking on to sat 148 (DUH), I re-checked the sat 129 headings and made the correction. I am getting a SS of 55 to 57. I think that is very good, however I did expect to get a stronger signal. I need to fine tune it later after the cement dries.
I think this will be great.

The next issue is with the 622. It locks up, recycles, looses signals about 3 to 4 times a week. This is under clear skies. I just do the assorted re-boots and check switch. Sometimes it takes 3 to 4 cycles before it starts to work. I read about the heat issue. I installed fans in the cabinet, one on the 622 to pull air out and removed the cabinet door. This things really gets hot.

I finally called tech support. The CSR was a real pain, but we finally got a service appointment setup. After 2 cancellations, the tech shows up on Sunday at 6 PM. The box hung up for most of his tests but finally came up. He believes it is a heat issue. After a few calls to the CSR office it was agreed I should get a new 622. He were going to replace then.

However I had loads of video. I wanted to back them up to a USB hd. I called in to activate it but I had to close the WO. It was agreed and placed on my account, I would do the offloads then call service tell them it is failing again and they will send me a replacement.

I started to move all the saved video to my USB drive and got the lockup problem related to the USB HD interface. I moved some drives around, used another USB box and was able to move the remaining content.
Without this site I would not have know the problem was with my HD/USB interface.

I will call in today later and have a new 622 sent out.

I discussed the sat 129 with the tech, he agreed the separate dish would resolve my problems. He also suggested as did the tech from Dish Store. I use 61.5 as a second option. For now 129 is working.

The positive attitude from the on-site tech, agreeing I really did have a problem, getting it setup with the account/CSR to replace my unit was really great. I am very pleased with the support so far from Dish and especially this forum. I DO let them know I read this all the time. I am a very knowledgeable customer. Other then the service call stuff you have to go though to get to real tech, I have never been jerked around.

Jsut thought some 'good news' was in order.
Now to wait for the new 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)