622, Simultanious HD output on HDMI and Y/Pr/Pb?

JohnTomFerg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Hello all, and welcome to my first post on SatelliteGuys

I'm newly registered to the forum so forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere else... I do not recall seeing it during my previous lurking.

On the 622 (for the guys that own it or anyone that know for certain) does it simultaniously output HD signal on the HDMI and the Y/Pr/Pb connections?

The reason I ask is that I plan to connect the HDMI to projector in another portion of the house while reserving the Y/Pr/Pb connection for the HDTV in the same room as the box.

Additionally, and extension onto the question, I saw in a seperate thread where it was asked if you could drive two AMPs with the box. The Answer was given that it could not be done because there is only 1 Optical output for the audio. There are optical 1 out to 2 splitters readily available for <20$ USD. Is there a known issue with using this with the 622 or in general that I am not aware of?

Answer to both questions would be helpful and appreciated...if the issue has been addressed else where please forgive me but indicate thread with link so I can read up!

Thanks in advance!

JohnTomFerg said:
Hello all, and welcome to my first post on SatelliteGuys

I'm newly registered to the forum so forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere else... I do not recall seeing it during my previous lurking.

On the 622 (for the guys that own it or anyone that know for certain) does it simultaniously output HD signal on the HDMI and the Y/Pr/Pb connections?

The reason I ask is that I plan to connect the HDMI to projector in another portion of the house while reserving the Y/Pr/Pb connection for the HDTV in the same room as the box.

Additionally, and extension onto the question, I saw in a seperate thread where it was asked if you could drive two AMPs with the box. The Answer was given that it could not be done because there is only 1 Optical output for the audio. There are optical 1 out to 2 splitters readily available for <20$ USD. Is there a known issue with using this with the 622 or in general that I am not aware of?

Answer to both questions would be helpful and appreciated...if the issue has been addressed else where please forgive me but indicate thread with link so I can read up!

Thanks in advance!

:welcome

Yes, you can do it, and I am. I'm feeding my old CRT-RP TV with the component outs and another TV in the bar with HDMI. Works great. (No HDMI issues.) I bought another UHF Pro remote to control TV-1 from the bar.

I don't know of any reason you couldn't split the toslink output to two amps.

Brad

Yes I am doing it also. Tried Componet at 25 ' and HDMI at 25' (the vip622 in the closet at the half way point between the two rooms).

Componet had some interferance so I am trying a better cable soon.

HDMI at 25' is perfect though.

May also try moving the 622 to the main TV and then going 50' HDMI to the 2nd HDTV.

NO problems yet except pushing out both Componet and HDMI on long runs makes it run hotter so I have a Fan point on the 622.

I have NO, repeat NO HDMI issues like some are reporting.

Upgrade from Dish 508 to 721

Dish500 and Legacy LNB for Directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts