622 UHF remote issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zekus

Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
midwest
hey guys, question for you. all of a sudden my UHF remote for TV2 stopped working. i can still use the remote as IR, but the UHF isn't working.

funny thing is, when i change the address on remote 2 (UHF), it changed the remote address for TV1.

the IR remote (TV1) works fine, and when I reprogram that remote it also changes the address for TV1.

why would the UHF remote change the address for TV1? it seems that the remote for TV2 is controlling TV1, and acting as the main IR remote.

any ideas? (i've done the obvious resets, and reprogrammed the addresses for both remotes in single and dual mode).

thanks

double check that the correct chip is in it. if it is only changing ir then the uhf in the remote may have failed, may need replacement

If you need another remote try flea-bay they have great prices on Dish remotes.

Last edited:
got it

hey guys, thanks for the input. i borrowed a remote from a friend who had the same receiver, i addressed it and it works like a charm. must have been a defective chip in the remote.

have a good one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts