622 upgrade help - frustrated---

BrownHound

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Amherst, VA
I have called Dishnetwork to upgrade to the 622 HD DVR.

I currently have 1 411 and 3 old crappy receivers. I want to upgrade 1 of the old receivers to a 622, and keep the 411 and the other two receivers.

I would be starting with 4 and will have 4 when I am done. the CSR(s) (i called twice) said I have to turn in two receivers to get the 622.

I dont want to do this because I am finishing our basement and will be moving the tv that will have the 622 on it and I dont want them running wires all over the place for just a few months.

they insisted that i have to turn 2 in to get it, that doesnt make any sense to me....

Also, I am leasing 1 receiver and the other three were part of the promotion when they intalled at our house 5 years ago.

suggestions???? thanks in advance.:confused:

Are teh old receivers on lease? If so, they can tell you anything they want. (Within reason), but I can tell you that NOWHERE that I've found does it say anything about 2 for one. They wanted my old 508 (which I own) and told me I could keep the 625. I told them no way. The 508 is grandfathered out of DVR fees and extra receiver fees and all of that junk. Play CSR roulette. Call again. You turn in ONE receiver to trade up to a 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts