622 Vonage and Prefixes

Super Dave

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
I have a 622 and the Vonage. The Caller ID works fine, but it doesn't seem to be able to dial out successfully, and I was wondering if there were any other prefixes besides *99. When I had DTV I used #034 to slow the modem and it worked. I already have Vonage at the highest setting, so *99 really doesn't help. The 625 that is closer to the router dials out fine, I just don't want any unexpected fees to pop up. And the box is trying to dial out about 12 times a day, can get annoying when you are on the phone.

Thanks for any help.

VOIP over VIP622

I have a 622 which is coneected via vonage and I haevn't had any problem such as this, it's able to dial out and get updates regularly without any snags...I remember after a charlie chat/tech forum they mentioned to try the*99 (I think) I changed it for a while then reverted back,didn't notice any difference!Good luck.

No problems here with either my 211 or 622 and vonage. no prefixes or anything special was done after I switched to vonage. Have you possibly got too many devices connected to the vonage adapter?

What vonage adapter do you have? I have the motorola.

Btw, when you say 3 phones, do you mean 1 phone and the 622 and 625? or 3 phones plus the 622 and 625? They all count as devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)