622 & Xantech

Club Chapin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
I'm setting up a 622 with a xantech IR extender system. The 622 seems to work intermittantly at best. Where is the IR receiver on the 622? I presume that it is one of the 3 plastic dots on the front. Does anyone know which one?

Is there any reason that a 622 won't work well with xantech? I did a search here and could not find anyone else having problems. This set up works well with my other av equipment and the comcast dvr that I am dumping for dish.

Thanks, Pete

I'm using a older Niles IR repeater with a generic Mini Stick-On Infrared / IR Emitter and a Buffalo Round Micro IR Sensor - IR-350.

I've had no problems whatsever with my setup other than the the 622 seems to be unresponsive for the first 5 seconds or so after it comes out of standby. I think I have mine attached to the second IR hole on the 622, I'm at work so I will check when I get home this evening.

Club Chapin said:
Is there any reason that a 622 won't work well with xantech?

I assume that you're using some non-Dish remote? If you're using the Dish remote, I believe that the primary remote only sends RF (but you probably already know that), but I just wanted to be sure that you weren't fighting that as an issue. Certainly, I use Xantech stuff with my 622 (with a Harmony remote), and it all works just fine. I've got the IR widget plastered over the middle of the three IR "windows". I have no clue which of these are inputs, and which are related to blasting other devices, but mine works fine with it stuck there.

All, FWIW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts