622's are not dead...

There was nothing wrong with your 622. Your neighbor had the same remote address.

lol. I really did. You are probably 99.9% right.

Anyways, I posted about the install while activation was going on via iphone. I go back inside to see my 211 had activated and there was the stupid dns infomercial on...I go up to the 622 to find it crawling along...then I noticed the green bar actually go backwards then it restarted the download. I've never seen a download bar go backwards. Probably a rcvr that will either take a crap or needed a software update. I hope it pans out.

Last edited:
I'd say 99.5% of new customers don't even know what Sling is so they won't miss anything.

But they will, and that is the problem. Not a massive one, but imagine if you were the sub who saw one of Dish's constant ads about Sling capabilities, then find out you have the older 622 and if you want Sling, you are gonna have to pay the man the upgrade. I do know folks who would be pissed at this.

I like to bring this thread back to life and ask, is the 622 is still being installed as of today (3/17/2011)? The reason I ask is because it's bad enough that some hopeful new customers who wanted to use the sling adapter can't because the installer put an old 622 instead of a 722/722k. And this problem will get worse if/when the sling extender gets released because not every new customer wants to pay $200 for a 922 plus possibly another $100 for an extender. Most new customers would want a 722/722k and just pay $200 for both the adapter and extender because it's the cheaper option, but they won't be able to do that if a 622 gets installed instead. In my opinion, DISH should either have the sling adapter work with the 622 or just get rid of the 622 completely.

I still have them on my van. -I also carry 1 722k. 9 out of 10 times, you know when your at someones house if they will ever use sling or not. -or I will ask them or will use my judgement.

Ive been using 622's as much as possible to get them out of my van and out of our inventory.

Had nothing but bad luck with the 622. Had 2 replace it twice. The third time we received a 722. Had to replace that unit as well. Of course once I found Satellite Guys I found out about the heat issues. Bought a fan that runs off USB, not a problem since.
I realize that dish has to do something with functioning units that are returned, but to give a new sub old technology that is also refurbished is not right.
Now if dish offered the 622 to subs that wanted an additional hddvr, at a reduced lease fee that would make sense to me.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Lets see, If their last name is Lou, Singh, Lee or Patel or any Chinese, Indian or Japanese name, make sure they get a black one. If they are in the South, sign up for a spanish package and/or are over 55, then install the silver ONE! :flag:

I have 2 622's and would not want to give either of them up even to get a 722 and sling. They both have worked flawlessly for years and I would never want to chance getting something different that may start giving me problems.

My refurb 622(replaced for bad HDMI port) has been working without incident for almost a year. OK I was taken back when I saw the s# was a 007xxxxxx vs a 008xxxxxx of my original 622.. I guess the "basic" 722 if you get one now are refurbs too??
The Dish site only shows a 722k as far as a 722x goes. If I were a new sub and some installer brought a "refurb" 722.... I would be pissed. I guess the reality unless you follow forums like this one, you probably could care less or even notice.

My refurb 622(replaced for bad HDMI port) has been working without incident for almost a year. OK I was taken back when I saw the s# was a 007xxxxxx vs a 008xxxxxx of my original 622.. I guess the "basic" 722 if you get one now are refurbs too??
The Dish site only shows a 722k as far as a 722x goes. If I were a new sub and some installer brought a "refurb" 722.... I would be pissed. I guess the reality unless you follow forums like this one, you probably could care less or even notice.

Something a lot of people here don't realize, is that Dish doesn't continuously manufacture these receivers. They make a certain amount, and when a person cancels service or upgrades, the receiver is sent back and remanufactured. After a certain amount of time, nearly all the receivers in circulation are remanufactured. For instance, you will not find a new 625, and there are probably not any new 622s either. People seem to expect that Dish just keeps building new ones and tosses the returned ones in the dumpster.

Pretty much. Even LNBs and switches are mostly remans.

If you somehow get a new rcvr, you have the needle from the haystack regardless if it's from a techs vehicle or a mailed item.

I've noticed that the DVR625 and the ViP622 are the most reliable and durable receivers that Dish Network has ever manufactured.

I beg to differ. Most any non-DVR will be much more reliable than those two. I have a 4900 that still works just as well as the day I bought it.

gdarwin said:
Not! The 622 has been replaced more than any other receiver we have.

My owned 622 haas performed flawlessly since 2006 when I bought it from the dish store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)