625 Fubar

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Has anyone else experienced this on the 625?

For some reason tonight, our 625 will no longer sync with any satellite.

We get 110, 119, and 129. I do a switch check to try to see what's going on and Input 1 will do 38 tests, and Input 2 will do nothing.

Our 211 is still working just fine, the check switch on it went fine.

Try completely clearing the swith matrix and then do the test again. If that don't work, check all of your connections associated with the 625. As I am sure you know, but it is late and you probly don't want to run outside. Sometimes just unscrewing and re connecting the connectors works.

I did all of that.

I just called DISH to see about getting a tech out there and the tech support lady only wants to send me a new seperator. Even though we are leasing and we have the protection plan, sending a tech out will cost me $29, which I don't agree with.

Swap receivers and run check switch on both. If the problem moves with the receiver, then it could be the separator or the receiver. If it doesn't then you have a bad cable or connector somewhere on that line.

I went on a service call the other day where I found a stinger just a hair too long which was causing 1 of 38.

Do as the others say and see if it follows location.

You can also check to see if there's voltage at the back of the sat in ports.

Well, the new DPP Seperator didn't fix it.

I called DISH and they are overnighting me a new 625. I told the tech on the phone what the error was and she immediately said it was the receiver.

Tuner 1 will go through 38 tests, but comes back reception on all three satellites. Tuner 2 says Reception problem, and is only wanting to see 119 but says it has a problem.

The new 625 didn't fix it.

I had a tech out at our house yesterday and he found that it was a bad diplexor in our attic that was installed when we originally had DISH installed in July.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts