Dish DVR 625

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Yes, but the account needs to have Western Arc (tagged WA too) as they will not work on Eastern arc. They do need to be cleared for transfer as well

ChadT41

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
I think they will still activate owned SD receivers(on WA) but they must be purchased. From everything I have read, they just will not lease SD equipment at all anymore.

trojan67

trojan67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 5, 2015
Jamaica
I think they will still activate owned SD receivers(on WA) but they must be purchased. From everything I have read, they just will not lease SD equipment at all anymore.
OK, have to check it out, I threw away alot

Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I'm ready to throw these 2 625's away.

I threw away a ton of 301/311's

I kept the access cards just in case they turn into gold one day :)

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Yes, but the account needs to have Western Arc (tagged WA too) as they will not work on Eastern arc. They do need to be cleared for transfer as well
What about 512's? I have two of those. Both of them are purchased. Dish would not let me reactivate one of them last May. (I didn't try to reactivate the other one.) Has something changed since then?

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
This depends on the account that you tried activating these on. If they were upgrade/replaced due to a migration they are marked on the backend as obsolete and cannot be sold/activated on any account.

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
This depends on the account that you tried activating these on. If they were upgrade/replaced due to a migration they are marked on the backend as obsolete and cannot be sold/activated on any account.
When Dish wouldn't let me activate one of the 512's, they gave me a ViP612 as an upgrade and let me keep the 512. The other 512 used to be on my sister's account, and that account is now closed. So are you saying that I still would not be able to reactivate the first 512, but my sister's 512 may still be able to be reactivated on my account?

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Well, this also depends if you have an Easter Arc setup as well.
Last year, when Dish didn't let me reactivate the first 512, I had Los Angeles locals, so that was definitely on Western Arc. Right now, I have dishes for both arcs. I already know that the 512 will only work on Western Arc, so that is how I have it hooked up.

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
If you send me a PM with your phone number, PIN ad the receiver number I can look into this more for you

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
After a conversation with Matt G., he confirmed that my sister's 512 can still be used, but for some reason it still can't be reactivated on my account. :coco
Matt G. said that my account is tagged as Eastern Arc. I asked him to change the tag on my account to Western Arc, but he couldn't do that, either.