625 no longer working on 2 tv's

catonite

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I have a 625 receiver hooked up to 2 tv's and it has been working fine for a couple years. All of a sudden last month I noticed that I can't watch the 2 tv's at the same time. The satellite will work if I have one tv turned on at a time. If I turn both on then the last one that is turned on will get a signal error. Both tv's will work if I watch only one. It seems like it isn't a cable issue then if I can get satellite on both tv's, just not simultaneously anymore. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks, Patty

I should have been specific. We don't have a seperater. We have 2 seperate feeds coming from the dish and going to the receiver. From there we have seperate lines running from the receiver to the 2 tv's. It is puzzling.

You should try to test the TV2 out with another cable and TV if you can get one close to it.

Do a System Info and see if you get any errors. It sounds like you are down a satellite tuner.

No need to be plugging and unplugging yet.

What you describe is evidence that a Tuner has burned out on your receiver.... but it COULD be the LNB too....

In any case, you need a Service Call to fix this.

I have a 625 receiver hooked up to 2 tv's and it has been working fine for a couple years. All of a sudden last month I noticed that I can't watch the 2 tv's at the same time. The satellite will work if I have one tv turned on at a time. If I turn both on then the last one that is turned on will get a signal error. Both tv's will work if I watch only one. It seems like it isn't a cable issue then if I can get satellite on both tv's, just not simultaneously anymore. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks, Patty

Have you run a check switch or a point dish to see if one tuner is faulty? That would seem to be the first place to check. If tuner 2 shows up w/o signal, fastest trouble shooting technique would be to swap the 2 input cables on the back of the reciever. If tuner 2 still shows no signal, tuner is bad, if signal shows on 2 & not 1, bad cable or switch...

No need to mash the remote either. Just push the sys info button and wait for a few seconds. The status and signal indicator will tell you if you need to go any further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)